Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Oh, What a Ride...


Well... here we are again. Anybody want to buy a house? Please? Pretty please with sugar on top??


Yes, we're selling and moving, and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. Today I mostly feel sad. I think it's because first and foremost I'm feeling like a failure of a mom today, so it makes everything else seem worse. I forgot Cooper's mother's day story reading at school on Monday. Apparently I'm the ONLY mom who forgot. Aubrey needed me to bring the dowel that she bought with her own money (didn't even ask me to help) for Science at school. I couldn't find it... so I decided to make her bed much later because I felt so bad about it... and guess what? Yup. It was in her covers. Too late to take it now.


I'm going to miss my charming old house that I never got to do the things I wanted to do to it... and the next people might trash it and not love it. I'm going to miss my girls SO much. I feel like I failed as the YW president, and never accomplished what I most wanted to, and now I won't have the chance. I'm going to miss my Silver Sneakers class... I know every one of their names... I know when they're having surgery, I know if they've had a bad week... and now I won't know how they're doing at all. I'm going to miss the friends I've made here. I always thought I'd have more time to get closer to them, and now I won't.


Overall, though, I know we're going to be okay. We always have been, and we always will be. Brandon's job here is precarious, with the economy and the oil industry situation, and it's just a matter of time. I feel like this new job is an answer to prayer, and it's the right thing to do. The job sounds like a perfect fit for Brandon (office manager of a Cabinet and Design place in Clearfield), and it's for a great company. We will have a place to live until we find the right place for us, and that is a blessing too. We're going to be closer to family... I think that's a blessing. ;) (I'm so kidding... I'm actually VERY excited about that part!!) It will be good, and honestly, I'm ready for this one to be the last move... but I'm not holding my breath! ;)


So, my friends.... please pray that our house will sell quickly, so we can be together (Brandon will go while I stay here to sell the house). Sigh... breathe, Mindy. Breathe.

20 comments:

mommymelb said...

Good Luck Mindy!

I'm sorry you're sad about leaving, and I hope that everything goes well for you! You'll be living near my mother so maybe I'll get to meet you in person sometime! :)

Brenda said...

I've done all those bad mom kinds of things and more. Don't worry about it, it sounds like you've got a lot on your plate. I hope your house sells quickly.

Annalee Kelly said...

Hang in there! I know how sad it is to move. I really know how you feel. It is exhausting emotionally more than anything. Goodbyes are the worst. Your calling-- I felt the same way when we left American Fork. I felt so, well, unfinished. I wondered how if I knew the move was an answer to a prayer, how incomplete my service felt when I still had tons of ideas, energy and some girls that I was finally earning some trust with. Sigh. It's all part of the Plan, right? I'll be praying for you!

V and Co. said...

well you are at least that much closer to us! i'm breathing for you over here!

Felicia said...

Oh my! I will pray for you and for your house to sell. You've definitely been on quite a ride. I hope all goes well, and quickly.

Now I need YOU to pray for Todd to want to transfer to Syracuse someday so we can be neighbors again.

carol said...

Mindy- My heart goes out to you. This sounds like a bittersweet move, but the positives will outweigh the negatives. Who knows, maybe Clearfield has a silver sneakers. And about the bad mom, your kids understand you have a lot on your plate. They are resilient too. Get them some icecream, all will be forgotten :). I'll be keeping ya'll in my thoughts. You have your house fixed so cute it will sell in a heartbeat.

Charlotte said...

Oh, Mindy, I will pray for you with everything I've got! MIA husband and moving... been there done that... NEVER want to do it again.

Good luck! And you're not a failure. You're human. And I love you.

Kate said...

Oh my. That's.....tough. Good thing you're tougher. :) Love you. Maybe I'll come visit you, now that you'll be a little closer. :)

Candace said...

Oh my goodness, Mindy. I hope so much your house sells very quickly. How far is Clearfield from where you're living now? I'm sure this is totally a blessing. Everything happens for a reason. :)

jen said...

I'm so excited for you to move this direction! We can go on a photo safari now! I hope all the details work out well and without a lot of hassle.

Your house looks so cool...you need to be sure to take loads of photos of it before you move....all the things you love.

I'm loving all your photos, by the way. You're doing a great job!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

I am so sad I could cry!! But I thought it might be coming with the way the economy was. Hmm, is there room in the moving truck for us?;) I am gonna miss you like crazy, but we will have to stay in touch for sure. PS. let me help you pack. And you didn't fail as YW President. You made a difference in my life.:) Love ya!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

Oh crap!! I just had the thought that my one trusty babysitter is leaving. Maybe that is what I most sad about. Would you consider leaving Aubrey for a few years?

Shannon said...

Oh my goodness Mindy!! I am so excited for you and your family! Change is always hard and leaves you really unsure of yourself for a while, but I guarantee you are much better than what you give yourself credit for. I'm praying your house sells quickly!!

Tanya said...

Hey Mindy! Hang in there. I know we have never "met" but I know you are a great mom, and you are great at everything you do!!!

The peeps in Clearfield need to know you! ;)

I hope everything goes smooth for you!!!

Amy said...

Good luck with the house! I hope it sells soon! It is always a bitter sweet experience to move. You miss all the things you've grown to love, but there are always more things to love in the new place. Hey, now maybe we can run in some races together???

Lindy Lue said...

hey, think about how many children DONT have it as good as yours! really, i mean we are all trying our best! good luck with the house and job.. in my prayers.

one time going to coopys swim class i forgot his bag! luckily he was wearing his swim bottems... so after swim he rode home in a blanket! the moms around me were laughing so hard! and one said "you know, sometimes we are lucky to make it out of the house!" i agreed, that has stuck in my head ever since! keep your chin up!

Luke and Gini Smith said...

Hey we seen your blog off of Riley and Ashleys and we put your blog address on our blog i hope thats okay? by the way your kids are way cute and you take very good pictures!!!

girlsmama said...

Mindy, I so understand all those feelings! We just went through a bittersweet move, and we only moved 15 miles away! Good luck and I hope this is THE move.

Those Darn Calls said...

Mindy,

You are so amazing, did you know that? So many people (including me) read your blog and are inspired by it. It's because you write from your beautiful heart and share you talents, joys, and sorrows with us. We've all felt like failures as moms and leaders, and that's ok. It's the heart that counts.

In all the years I've known you(how many is that now? 20? geez we're getting old), you've always been amazing and someone I admire very much!

I do have to say that I am sooo jealous that you get to move closer to home. ;) Maybe someday I'll make it back there, too!

P.S. If it makes you feel any better, yesterday I made a complete idiot of myself over a $5 parking ticket and had to apologize not only to the parking office, but to my boss as well. :)

Love ya, darlin.

leslie mae said...

GOODNESS!!! Where have I been? I {once again} hope that your house quickly!!! I wish I could buy it {and that we could have a good job to go with it}!

PS You are SO not a bad Mom!! I have met A LOT of people who have known you {mostly through violin} and EVERYONE {I MEAN EVERYONE} loves you like crazy!! Keep your chin up and know that you are loved!!