Sunday, May 03, 2009

Cooper's PARTY!!

It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to... apparently. (I can't remember what he was mad at me about, but he had to have a little pout session, then it was on to the festivities!)

First we had "build your own" sundaes. We had everything from gummy bears to whip cream, and of course... the cherry on top! Everyone seemed to enjoy it... except...

Zac, who only wanted chocolate chips, and obviously didn't have eating the chocolate chips in mind. ;) (Felicia, he almost looks like he could fit in with your fire-headed boys!)

Then it was time for the Crazy Relay Race.... First, they had to put on gloves, open a kit-kat, and eat it...

After that crazy-hard task, they had to blow up a balloon (some of these boys had more hot air than others!) then...

Pop it!!


The next station was hilarious. They had to get dressed in gloves, hat, coat, and an apron (of course!) then do 10 jumping jacks. I don't think any of them did this one without laughing!


Then they had to make their initials with pipe cleaners. It was really funny to see how they formed the letters... I guess it was harder than it sounded. :)


For the last station, they had to find certain colors of dots and put them in order on their plates. This started out with picking the dots up with chopsticks, but quickly got to hands-only (took waaaaay too long!)

Amazingly enough, the two teams tied! They all seemed to have fun, even if some pinecone throwing became part of the race.

Cooper opened his presents next, and he got so many great things... boy heaven for sure!


Then it was time for the treasure hunt... we have this treasure chest in the yard, so it was the perfect place to hide the treasure at the end. They had fun looking from clue to clue, and used up a lot of energy running back and forth from the front yard to the back yard. (I planned well!)

We spent the last part of the party playing with the party favors... there was a lot of huddling around the hose...


... to fill up water guns! Boys + water guns = FUN! (For them... I didn't really appreciate the wet butt!)

Pixie sticks were consumed...

Bubbles were blown... and finally it was time for parents to come pick them up. All in all, it was a success, and went better than I hoped. (I was so worried when the weather was iffy in the morning... NINE boys in the house??? No freakin' way! Luckily we had perfect weather just for the party!)

Aubrey was at a friend's birthday party, so Tyler was my right-hand man. He helped out SO much, and was such a trooper. I couldn't have done it without him!
Well, I survived, the kids had fun... but I'm still glad that I only do this when they turn 8 and 12. That's enough for me!

5 comments:

Netti said...

Looks like fun. Here I was thinking--is it warm enough? but hey getting use to gray wet weather here. I am glad it was a success and tell Cooper Happy Birthday from us and congrats on getting baptized. My kids--and I miss you guys.

Jason said...

That looks like a lot of fun.

AprilF said...

You are a FUN Mom!! If only my kids could be so lucky- maybe I'll take a page from you for their next bdays.

B-Blogit said...

look like loads of fun you sure did a good job! all the pictures are so colorful it looks great!

Love the picture of the old chest it looks great!

Marci said...

oohhh that looks like lots of fun! you came up with great ideas mind! tell cooper congratulations on his baptism.:D