Saturday, May 16, 2009

I'm Gonna Make It

It's been a tough week. Really tough. Like I think I might not have any tears left in me tough. But... see this? That's a beach. And a lake. And those feet are mine. We went camping this weekend, and it was just what I needed. I didn't think I should go, because I have so much to do, and I tried to convince Brandon to just take the boys, but luckily he wouldn't listen to me. (What else is new? ;) This time it worked out for my good, though, so I'm thankful.


I still feel weepy, but I also feel hope. I know that things will be okay, even if it doesn't seem like it at times. How could you see beauty like I've seen this weekend and NOT know that someone is watching over you?


We found a beautiful camping spot, and ate delicious food, and relaxed. Then we relaxed some more, and the kids played catch (Aubrey practiced pitching).


Then Brandon gave me picture challenges. He would tell me something I had to take a picture of, and the challenge was to make it interesting. Here's my sagebrush... I had a little help from the sunset, but there are no rules in this game! ;)


This is the view I woke up to. Oh, it was pretty... and the weather was perfect. I can't wait to go again.


When we got back today we showered and got ready to go to a dinner party at Jessica's house (a girl who works with Brandon). It was for everyone at work, but we were the only ones who showed up. They all totally missed out, because the food was delicious (she had prepared it all herself) and they live in an amazing place. They have a little cabin up in the mountains with gorgeous views and a little farm. I felt so at home, and I loved it. I even loved their dog... a huge St. Bernard named Tiny. How cute is that?

I loved this shy cow. She wouldn't come out to let me take her picture.


We watched tons of hummingbirds come to these feeders. Cooper was fascinated by them. He also had a fun time teasing the neighbor's hound with his s'more (yes, we made s'mores over the fire JUST AFTER we had all washed off the previous day's campfire smell :). Anyway, he'd move it back and forth, up and down, fast and slow, and that dog followed it with his head every time. We were all laughing... it was so funny. He did finally give the poor dog a bite.


I made Brandon stop on the way home to take this picture. It just sums up everything I'm feeling today. Peace. Reflection. Hope. Gratitude.

12 comments:

Jason said...

Sometimes I get like that too. Stuff is hard sometimes.

Brittney said...

Oh Mindy, I'm sorry things are so tough right now! I'm sending a hug your way. I'm glad you got out and were able to relax for the weekend. Your pictures, as always, are amazing. I especially love the ones of the cow and the hummingbird. Amazing.

Rachel Holloway said...

MINDY...I AM SOOOOO sorry. I totally think we need to talk. I will bring the oreos and ice cream when I come! :)

HANG IN THERE...HUGS, HUGS, HUGS FROM ME!

Amy said...

I am glad you had a peaceful weekend after your crazy week. The pictures are all gorgeous. At least you can be happy about your mad skills behind a camera!

Brenda said...

I'm glad to hear you're going to make it. :) Things'll get better.

Charlotte said...

Still praying for you. *hugs* And I LOVE your hummingbird picture!

Rebecca Adams said...

What a beautiful post with nice pictures! You are an awesome photographer, Mindy! I'm sure everything will work out the way it needs to (that's what I always have to tell myself when times get rough). I know the Lord is watching over all of us.

haley said...

oh, i'm so sorry you have been feeling down in the dumps!!! get feeling better and i can't wait to see you at marci's!

girlsmama said...

Amazing pictures Mindy! And it does get better. Things this week (after moving) are so much better than last week! We can commiserate at Marci's! You are coming right?

Melanie said...

Melanie from M24 here. I am so sorry you have been having such a terrible time..and I'm totally wishing (hoping) thing start goingup from here. Your pictures are simply beautiful. I can't believe that such beauty exists...but I am so glad that it showed itself to you just when you needed it most. Y-O-U are awe inspiring...in every single sense of the word.

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

I tell ya I have had a hard time too since I found out. I will miss the one person who knows what is it like to be an outsider in Vernal, and I worry about our YW program-you have done a great job I think. But I guess I shouldn't talk about it too much, probably makes it worse. On to bigger and better things-people love you where ever you go. If ya need to go out or in for lunch or something, let me know.:)

Kate said...

Here's a big e-hug from me! Love you.