Find joy in your children. Don't overschedule them or yourself. You may not be able to take them on exotic vacations. It doesn't matter. When the day dawns bright and sunny, take an excursion to the canyon or the park. When it's cloudy and wet, read a book together or make something good to eat. Give them time to explore and learn about the feel of grass and the wiggliness of worms.-Marjorie Pay Hinckley
Thank you, Tyler, for driving up the canyon with me Sunday morning. Even though it wasn't a big fun event, I still treasure the time spent with you, and the songs we sang together. You're a great boy, and I am so glad that you are my son. I love you!
8 comments:
I love that quote and I love that picture!
That is so sweet, What a great reminder of the things that matter most!
You inspire me. I am so glad you do the things with your children that I aspire to do. They are only little once and I can tell you appreciate those moments.
that is a GORGEOUS photo. love it !!! it looks so peaceful on the sabbath.
Thanks Mindy!!! I love everything about this post!!!
This post really resounds with much of what I've been thinking abuot lately. Even though I'm not a mother, I think there is greater joy to be found in the simple, non-material things of life than what I presently realize... Thanks for sharing.
Beautiful quote and picture! They grow up so so fast that we don't have time to wait to spend time with them. I look at all my boys now and see how much they have grown. I am so proud of them, yet at the same time, I can't help but remember how little they used to be!
oh i love that quote...i needed to read that very thing right now. what an awesome mom you are.
Post a Comment