Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Musings on a 10 Mile Run

Happy St. Patrick's Day. :) I didn't wear green on my run this morning... I figured if anyone could catch me they were welcome to pinch me. Ha!

My cold didn't slow me down as much as I expected it to. It was fine except the salty sweat hurt my raw nose. I also hope nobody saw my many snot rocketings.

I finally got to see Brandon this morning... I haven't seen him since Friday. I've been going to bed at a decent hour since I've had this dang cold, so I'm asleep when he gets home and he's gone before I'm awake. I really think I should be going to bed earlier all the time, but it's hard to go to bed without him. Plus, I feel guilty. If he's not getting any sleep, why should I?

I am SO GLAD that Spring is coming! Whew... that was a long winter. Hello, sunshine!!!

I got to go to Olivia's baptism on Saturday. It was fun to stay at Jason & Dallas's on Friday night. We probably shouldn't have stayed up until 1:30 a.m., but it was fun anyway... and I only fell asleep a couple of times driving home. Just kidding! Stop freaking out... I never fall asleep when I drive. The only thing I wish we would've had time for is a run... next time, Dallas.

So, I think I ruffled a couple of feathers on facebook by saying that girls are tougher than boys. To clarify: Boys can almost always lift more weight, punch harder, etc., but girls are tough too. I think in something like yoga a girl could do as much or more than a boy. It's a different kind of strength. I also used to have big weight lifter guys come to my abs class and tell me they couldn't roll over in bed for 3 days afterwards... plus I could hold the plank longer than those same muscle guys. It's all just different kinds of tough. Sorry if I offended anyone. ;)

I really like green smoothies with spinach. Does anyone have any great healthy smoothie recipes they want to share? Don't worry, I still eat ice cream. And cake. And cookies. And chocolate mini eggs.

I'm going to go shower... if you were here, you'd thank me.




3 comments:

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

I just got a smoothie book from the library. It is awesome. Smoothie remedies for colds, more energy, anything you can think of. You'll have to come take a look and answer my camera questions.;)

Rachel Holloway said...

Can't believe you are running with a cold...brave one, you!

I don't have any green smoothie advice, but I just want you to know I am thinking of you... :) MIss you...

Josh and Kristen said...

Ok.. I was listening to my boys tell each other that they should do something fun and they decided to race. I thought to myself, "What the heck? Of all things they decide to run for fun?" Hmmm... so do you! Somehow I will have to glean some of that enthusiasm from you and my boys.