Sunday, March 28, 2010

I Heart Faces... Dramatic B&W

This week's challenge was a moody, dramatic b&w. Whenever I look at this photo of my sweet friend's son, I get really emotional, and I can't imagine it edited any other way. Keaton has become a lot more serious since he lost his dad last summer, and I can see that weight in this photo. I'm constantly amazed by his ability to bring joy to others, to be an amazing big brother to his baby sister, and his faith. I hope this has helped you to feel a bit of the mood of this photo... it's so hard to explain all the reasons that Keaton is one of my heroes.
Click the camera to see more dramatic b&w photos...

32 comments:

Buckeroomama said...

I love the tint that you used for this photo... really adds to the mood. :)

Kristi said...

Awesome picture, I laughed when I checked I heart faces to see if they were posting yet, we both must have checked at the same time. :)

dmauton said...

I love this. Amazing photo.

Unknown said...

Oh. I am so sad that Keaton has lost his Dad. That must be a very difficult thing to experience as a child. I will pray for him tonight. And his family. Wonderful picture.

Anonymous said...

Perfectly fits the theme! And I'm so sorry for Keaton, having to grow up so quickly. I'm with Becky; he's on my prayer list...

Elyssa said...

Love the mood this photo gives off! Great job on the black and white :)

Jeanne said...

Great light and dark areas. Beautiful photo.

Wendy Mayo said...

Life is hard enough for our young men these days. Best wishes for Keaton and his family. Awesome photo!

Evette Mendisabal said...

Very moody photo! It elicits a very somber mood.

Anonymous said...

Great capture!

Alexis mommmy said...

Wow this is just breathtaking. I think this should be a winner for sure. I feel like this photo depicts just what iheartfaces was looking for in this challenge

Abigail said...

Looks like some deep thoughts going on there

Mamí♥Picture said...

oh the love of music!
I love it...【ツ】

Kate said...

What a fantastic image! I love guitar shots - this is cool and moody!

tiff(threeringcircus) said...

Wonderful, dramatic photo.

Anonymous said...

Love the contrast in the photo. The story brought tears to my eyes!

candacesoon said...

You can definitely feel the emotion and the weight in this photo. Wow...wonderful.

Kim Chodorowski said...

Very cool!!! I love the drama that the window lighting adds!

Anita Johnson said...

Very beautiful photo...I lost my dad around the same age, and yes, I still miss him. This will be a great keepsake for this young man and his family.

Unknown said...

this is absolutely perfect for the theme! great processing!!

*Jess* said...

It is a very moving photo! I'm so sorry for his family.

Candace said...

Gorgeous picture, Mindy. The story behind it is breathtaking. So sorry for his loss. :(

I just entered the contest as well. First time for me!

MediMonsters said...

Great capture. You can "feel" the emotion in that shot.

flat yeast bread said...

Great lighting! beautiful shot.

Jen said...

Beautiful photo, it really tells a story.

Unknown said...

gulp. heavy. and beautiful -- nice work! and also, the music, i can almost hear it.

Nicole said...

Wonderful photo! Possibly a winner in my eyes..:)

.Erin Cassidy said...

Very nice pic!

hezro said...

I liked the photo even before I read what you had to say about Keaton!

Anonymous said...

I agree with hezro, but then I read it and teared up. I unfortunately lost my father at the age of 17, so can feel the emotion oozing from this photo in a big way. Bless his heart. Love the shot.

Stephani Cochran said...

Nice photo! I love his expression, so lost in thought.

MaddyChristine Hope-Brokopp said...

I did not need ay explanation about Keaton for I felt the mood right when I saw the photo. I was impressed and love what is going on in the photo. Keaton sounds like a great guy. I wish him well. Great photo and great editing.