Monday, January 28, 2008

You Will Be Missed


Last night our beloved prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley died. I am so sad, and feel like I've lost my Grandpa. I never met him in person, but I feel I know him, just the same. I am also so happy for him, and for his dear wife, Marjorie. How I love her too! They have both been incredible examples to me. I know that President Hinckley is a prophet. I know that he was Heavenly Father's spokesman on this earth, and I know the words he spoke were all true. I smile to think of his welcome into Heaven! What love that all have for him, too! I love him so much, and I know that he loves me too! I am so blessed that I could live in this time, to have the privelege of learning from him. We thank thee, O God, for a Prophet!!

4 comments:

Karey said...

Thanks for the nice post. My emotions are so close to the surface today. I'm really going to miss him.

Leslie said...

thank you for posting about president hinckley. it is amazing how many different aspects of his life we are all grateful for.
i am so glad he is with his wife again.

Lisa said...

loved your feelings. thanks for sharing your testimony. you have fabulous taste in pictures ;) sorry you didn't see mine sooner. oh how he will be missed. but as he said...the work will carry on... love you!

Leslie said...

happy birthday mindy.