Sunday, January 20, 2008

We Remembered the Camera!

On Aubrey's birthday, January 19th, we took a family drive to Flaming Gorge. This time we remembered the camera! We had a fun time hiking on a trail along the Green River, and enjoyed the "warm" 30 degree weather. We can't wait to go back again and explore more of this beautiful place! Brandon just looked at the river, and couldn't keep a grin off of his face. He can't wait to go fishing here with his pontoon again. He kept telling me how fantastic the fishing is here, and you could see it in his face. A little kid in a candy store...
We found this written on one of the rocks... ALS... Aubrey's initials. We teased her that she needed to marry a boy with the initials JPS. What a meaningful picture this would be then!
Tyler wanted to climb into every crevice and cave he saw! And he'd wait patiently until I took a picture of him.
It took Aubrey awhile to warm up. This was her "worst birthday ever" and she did not want her picture taken.
This was such a neat rock formation! We all stuck our hands through, and had a great time! Cooper loved it!
The kids loved these "ice-falls".
Some of the rocks looked just like bricks stacked up.
The dam... you have to see this to get a sense of it's hugeness. It's amazingly tall. I can't even imagine what would happen if it broke. I just hope it never does!
Aubrey finally started to pose and show me her cute smile. Happy Birthday, dear Aubrey!
Tyler wanted me to "make it look like he was really far up". So, I got down to the ground and angled the camera... oh wait! I wasn't supposed to tell you the secret! Let's try again... wow! Look how high Tyler climbed up!
Cutie Cooper next to another Cool Crevice.
This was my favorite scenery!
This is my special rock-sitting pose.
We saw so many elk and deer! I can't believe how many elk and deer we've seen since we moved here. They're beautiful.
Here's a goofy goodbye! Thanks for sharing our memories of our Flaming Gorge Trip with us!

7 comments:

Brenda said...

How far is Flaming Gorge from you? Maybe we'll stop and say hi to you on the way there one time. ;) I'm sorry Aubrey had the worst birthday ever. Looks like a good time to me.

Mindy said...

It's about an hour away... a little less than that. It was a good time. Aubrey is just a 12 year old.

Kate said...

How fun! We might go to Flaming Gorge for our fam vacation next year, I'll have to talk my parents into a visit to your darling house!

I heart your coat and boots.

Happy Birthday Aubrey!!

Lisa said...

it's finally letting me comment!! wow. it really is beautiful there...i have never been there.i haven't been to most of the utah sites because when you fly free it's cheaper to fly somewhere than to drive somewhere. but now that you are in that area....okay! you are such a fashion plate. i'm digging the boots. i had no idea how silly you really are, mindy! were you this silly when we hung out in our youth? did i hold you back from silliness because i'm such a dud?!!!! beautiful place but even more beautiful family. i mean that.

Vicki said...

That looks like a fun place to go! And what a cute family! :-)

Leslie said...

those are great photos. thanks for sharing them. glad aubrey ended up enjoying her birthday... or i hope she did. :)
love you guys.

Karey said...

What a fun outing. Okay, you all look great. I love your hair, Mindy. Is that a new haircut. I often wish my hair would do something like that--but no, I got this. Oh well. Happy Birthday, Aubrey.