I had to copy my good friend Kate's blog and do a Random Thoughts post, just for fun.
This is the first week I actually have a bunch of stuff on my calendar! The kids have scouts, and yw activities, we have a dinner appointment with the Hanchetts (the ones we met sledding), I have a hair appointment for highlights, I have 3 visiting teaching appointments, and I must get to the library to see if I can rent the other Emma with Gwyneth Paltrow so I can compare while it's still fresh in my mind.
I'm excited to go to Vegas for my birthday next week! Okay, so it's not for my birthday...but we do leave on my birthday! Brandon has to go to a Surfaces show, and I'm along for the ride.
I don't quite know how I feel about turning 33. It's not too old...but it's getting further from young. And speaking of young, how come I never get to look like I'm in my 20's? When I was in my 20's, everyone said I look like a teenager. Now people think I look my age. How in heckfire did that happen?
I feel kind of mean... Brandon has been painting his store, and keeps asking me to come help him, but I just can't. I'd rather clean 5000 toilets.
Why is it so hard for me to have my kids out of school for an extended period of time (such as this last 5 day break), and other moms can homeschool their kids? How do they manage having their kids underfoot 24/7? Why am I such a bad mom?
I found an Alison Krauss CD at the library that was made in 2004. How did I miss that Alison Krauss had a new album? I think I own every other album she has. I have no idea how this one slipped by me.
What is up with having zits when you are in your 30's? Why did I think I was so lucky to be zit-free as a teenager? This is horrible payback for that, and completely unfair.
Why do I have such a hard time getting links to work in my blog? What am I doing wrong? It always takes me a bunch of tries.
5 comments:
I loved this post. I love it because now I feel like I know more of what is going on in your life and its the type of things that if you lived close by and didn't have to spend most of the conversation on catching up that you would talk about. I love you.
Have fun in Vegas for your birthday. What are ya doing with your kids?
How does my mother manage to stay sane with all five kids home ALL day? I think she's just calloused. We are far, far from model children, but she's just so used to it that it's no biggie now. See, when I was born there was just me, yeah no problemo; then Morgan was born and she was like ok I can do this; then Seth and how much more work is one baby?; and so forth until there was all of us. So you are not even close to being a bad mom.
If only I could wish you happy birthday in person . . . . oh well. Have a fabulous time in Vegas!
Have a great time in Vegas, Mindy! I agree on the zits after 30 thing too, what is up with that? I am getting zits and wrinkles at the same time, just not fair!
Post a Comment