Friday, January 11, 2008

Life Lessons

I've hesitated to post about this before now, because it's hard to know what could cause pain to someone you love who is going through one of the worst things anyone could go through. I feel like the time is right, now, so Leslie I hope this is okay.

The Things I've Learned From Leslie
don't take even one day for granted
show how much you love him
family is most important
cherish every moment
look for the good in everything... even dirty socks
keep going
grief takes time
look outside yourself
love
patience
grace
beauty
eternity
faith

and I know I'll keep learning, because Leslie, you are teaching us all. Thank you for sharing your grief with us, so that we can support you, and so that we can learn from your wisdom. Love you.

2 comments:

Felicia said...

Oh my gosh, Mindy! I just clicked on your friend Leslie's link and realized that she is a friend of my neighbor Andrea (the one who's parents are from Vernal). I've been thinking about this girl a lot, and had no idea who she was, except for the things that Andrea has told me. We have had several lengthy conversations and a few tears over Aaron's death, and have realized how small our own problems are.

Leslie, if you see this, please know that I am praying for you--even though I don't know you. Apparently we have a few people in common though, 'cause Mindy and Andrea (Peterson) are two of my very best friends.

Lisa said...

that was so beautiful mindy. i love the way you write and i still think of the writings you sent to me during a difficult time in my life...love you.