Tuesday, September 04, 2007

When the Going Gets Tough

I was out of town for Labor Day weekend, but I still managed to squeak in a 3 mile run on Monday. I got Mr. Blue Eyes to go with me, and Grandma and the kids came along for a walk/ bike ride. It was fun! Almost like playing... especially since Mr. Blue Eyes decided to start out too fast and I kicked his bum in the end. I gave him a nice informative lecture on racing. It's all about the strategy, baby. He is getting faster, though, and I know if he was consistent, he'd be able to get faster than I am (which is oh-so-fast!).

I also had a few very stressful moments in my weekend with family...and all I wanted to do was get away and run. It made me realize how much of a stress reliever running is for me. I don't notice it much in my everyday life, but when the going gets tough, that's what my body wants to do. I didn't think going for a long run in flip flops in 100 degree weather without any water would be a good idea, though. I should pack an emergency running bag and carry it with me at all times...just in case!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Yay for beating your husband!!!

And I hear you on the stress relief. I used to let running stress me out (when am I gonna get my run in!!!!?!!!!) But now I use it as stress relief...much better!!!!

Amy said...

um, beating him running that is

Jess said...

I like the idea of an emergency running bag -- kinda like a first aid kit, right?