Friday, September 14, 2007

What is WRONG with me?

I have been running...I've just been slacking in the posting. Sorry for all of my regular readers. Okay, fine, so I don't have any regular readers. A girl can pretend, can't she? ;)

Anyway... today is my day off of teaching violin lessons. Yay! These days go by WAY too fast. So, I decided to go run some errands, go shopping a little bit, you know, a day "in town". I went to my favorite place, Target, and looked around. For a very long time. I saw a cute skirt, and found my size, picked it up, held it for awhile...and put it back. I found some comfy looking pants, found my size, looked at all the colors, picked it up, thought of trying it on, and put it back. I looked at some hats... conductor style, black, camo, white... tried every one of them on, and put them back. I looked at makeup cases, because right now I'm using my daughter's old scripture case for my makeup. I picked them up, unzipped, unsnapped, unlatched, looked inside, envisioned my makeup inside...and put every one of them back. I picked up lip plumper, mascara, eyeliner, and put them back. I looked at workout clothes for running--thought about how I'd like a shirt a little bit warmer, debated about the colors...and walked away. Finally, I went back to the hats, grabbed one, and held on to it. I had to fight myself every step of the way, because that voice in my head was telling me that I didn't need it...I should just put it back. But guess what? I won. I got the hat. So there, little voice in my head.

4 comments:

Let_It_Go said...

Hey...a girl has to treat herself sometimes :) BTW, I am a regular reader so you have at least one :)

Jess said...

I always buy more than I need when I'm in Target. case in point: 2 days ago I went in to get q-tips and sandwich bags, and I walked out with a new comforter and many other things in addition to the 2 things I went in for. I don't know if I ever walk out of Target for less than $100.

Amy said...

Wow, you are a true example of self control...I'm VERY impressed!

I'm a regular reader, too :o)

Mindy said...

Not self control...I just CAN'T make myself buy things and it drives me nuts!