Friday, September 28, 2007

One of our Best

We went camping to Palisades Creek last week. It was an incredibly gorgeous time of year, and the weather could not have been better!!! We got a prime camping spot, which NEVER happens for us (we usually aren't looking until 9:00 on a friday night.) We arrived at the campground, gathered some wood, got the camper all set, and I made Italian Stew for dinner. It was delicious, and the kids loved it! The next morning we had pancakes and eggs and got ready for the big hike! This picture of Cooper and Brandon was near the lake on our hike. Cooper was so cute! He kept copying whatever Brandon did...
This lake (lower lake) was our hike destination. We hiked a little ways towards it last year, and have had the goal to make it all the way there. It was an 8 mile hike when all was said and done, but the kids did so great!!! You would not have believed little 6 year old Cooper's stamina. He was the leader all the way down, and he kept us going at a pretty good pace!

The leaves were incredible! I was carrying the camera and kept getting behind because I had to stop and take pictures. The pictures on here are a fraction of the pictures we took. I'll have to post some more sometime.

The whole hike was breathtaking. There was not an ugly sight to be seen! Both sides of the canyon were covered in color.
Aubrey picked up tons of different colored leaves. She kept getting behind too, because there's always another pretty one! She'll love that I posted this picture of her bum.

The kids "took turns" with the binoculars during the hike. You might call it "fought over" the binoculars. Of course the last half of the hike nobody wanted them anymore, and guess who got to carry them the rest of the way down? Yup, mom. Who needs binoculars? I can see that it's pretty without 'em!
Aubrey and Cooper at the campground. On our way home from camping it started to rain. How's that for timing? Last year when we tried to camp here, it rained like crazy...during our camping time! We stopped in Swan Valley on the way home for a square ice cream cone. The perfect ending for our perfect camping trip!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Looks like a fun time, and pretty pictures too! I'd love to go camping there.

Lisa said...

absolutely GORGEOUS!! i seriously can't believe those colors. and the picture of the lake is breathtaking.

Karey said...

Neat pictures. The trees are amazing. I haven't seen anything like that yet this year.

Karey said...

Neat pictures. The trees are amazing. I haven't seen anything like that yet this year.