Friday, January 01, 2010

Here's to 2010

This year I decided to look at the areas of my life that I want to improve myself, then I chose one specific thing that I can do in that area to make it happen... at least on some level. :) We'll see how it goes... but since I'm sharing with all of you, I better do it, or you'll ALL know of my failure. ;)

Photography: 52 Photowalks in 2010 project
Fitness: Flexibility!! I have NO flexibility... seriously, I'm like a muscle-bound man. So, I'm going to stretch every day.
Spirituality: Read my scriptures every day. It may be a verse, but I want to have the experience of reading the word of God every single day in 2010. I've never had a year where I didn't miss a day, and I'm really going to try to make this the year.
Homemaking: Conquer the laundry beast. Yes, I am going to be the first woman to conquer the laundry beast ever, and I'm doing it in 2010. ;) I'm planning on doing a load or so every day and actually folding it and putting it away. Wish me luck.
Organization: I'm going to organize and declutter my home... no rush, no timetable... just one spot at a time.
Being a better wife & mother: Don't Complain. Don't Yell. Sigh... we'll see. I'm going to try really really hard.

So, that's it... the list for 2010. What are your new year's resolutions?

10 comments:

Felicia H. said...

The laundry thing is never gunna happen :)

Felicia H. said...

Oh and I love the new blog header

Mindy said...

LOL... thanks for the big vote of confidence Felicia! ;)

Rachel Holloway said...

I say your laundry challenge sounds manageable! It's not like you're saying you are going to never have laundry sitting there...just tackle one load a day--which could be easy peasy once you get in the swing of things!!

Lots of great goals...going to write mine out on my blog in a while...so check in. :)

Mindy said...

Rach, I can't wait to read yours... I just know they're going to be inspiring. And thanks for making the laundry sound possible. It's possible... right? ;)

Candace said...

These are great, Mindy. I got one of those calendar.. page a day things... or whatever they're called with bible verses along with inspirational messages, so hopefully this will help out with my spirituality as well. I know I would never be disciplined enough to read my bible everyday, so I'm hoping that the daily calendar will make it attainable for me. :)

And I just wish I could be as disciplined as you are with the working out. I'll do really good with it for a couple of weeks and then I'll just stop for no reason...except laziness of course. ;)

Great Resolutions!! :)

Amy said...

LOVE all your goals. I need to think of mine. Maybe I will just cut and paste....:)

Leslie said...

the declutter one... that is one of mine as well. i have to declutter my life before my STUFF overtakes me.

happy new year. love you.

Betty Davis Lundell said...

I'm very inpressed with your determinations and goals you have set for yourself. Your photography is AWESOME!!!

MistyLou said...

I'm in, I just haven't posted my picture yet, will do it tonight! Misty