I really think I make pretty faces in pictures. This one in particular. Seriously, though... I must walk around looking like an idiot all day, since there are so many hideous pictures of me taken. You know how moms always say not to make a face or your face will stick that way? Well, that must've been what happened to me.
I have a migraine today. Thank you mother nature for your monthly gift.
I'm going to bunco tonight. I'm finally an official member of the group instead of just a sub. I guess they either 1) got desperate or 2) I passed some sort of test.
I've had a few experiences in the past few days that have shown me that I live in a VERY cliquish place. I won't share all of them, because people read my blog, and in general I really like everyone here. One I can (I think) share is that I'm having a hard time getting violin students, and was told it was because I was "new" here, and people don't take to strangers quickly. In Rigby I got more calls than I could handle. I guess it will just take some time.
I finished a good book called Reconstructing Natalie. Thanks, Brenda! Now I'm reading another Brenda recommendation (like she's ever read anything I've recommended ;) called A Voice in the Wind. It's interesting so far.
We had a fun time visiting family around New Year's. I have a few sledding pictures that I'll post later... when I feel like it. I love spending time with those I love. :) Melissa was even nice enough to clean our teeth and do sealants on the kids. She's amazing. Simply amazing. We also were able to go to Donovan's baby blessing. Jason gave him a beautiful blessing. And I looked great in my new shoes that my mom bought me for my birthday. They're so cute! I'll take a picture and post it later... when I feel like it.
It actually got warm here today! Like 40 degrees warm! You'd think that was good news, but it's actually very bad news. Brandon hadn't had a chance to break the ice off of the roof yet, so he thinks our roof will leak as it melts. Just add it to the list, baby. At least I won't trip over a leaky roof (like I do the bumpy kitchen floor ;).
Tyler also put a basketball through the window in the dining room. Jason was the lucky guy on the other end of the phone when it happened. Sorry about your eardrum, Jas. Luckily we still have a storm window there... or maybe that's unluckily, since that means it will probably never get fixed, since it's not a gaping hole to the outdoors... no, I'm looking on the bright side... fresh air! Interesting break pattern to look at! Warmer for the cat who sits in the window box next to it! There are all sorts of benefits if you look hard.
Well, I'm going to go see if there's some magic I can make happen for dinner...
14 comments:
I thought you were very calm about your broken window after a few seconds of screaming. Pretty impressive.
Bummer about the window.:( I agree about the clicky part of living here-kind of a downer. But at least there are other people who are outsiders here too that can keep you company.:) How did mutual go?
I've probably read a book recommendation from you. Maybe. Thing is, I've got a lot better taste in books.
Snort. What. Ever.
So you're STILL the new kid in town?!! Bummer!! I hope you get the # of violin students you want/need {depending on which way you look at it}.
I loved this blog of little tidbits about what is going on in your life. Sorry about your window. That stinks!
You should just move back! :)
but-----I am sorry about the window. sounds like a rock and window story to me :)
So I have to agree with your assesment of cliques....we might have to discuss that on a more private level!;) AND....I wonder if one of my kids might want to do violin?! I would love for them to tap into something...we are just so dag gum poor! Again...we'll have to chat! And...last but certainly not least....we were waiting for someone to quit so we could add you!!!! Yea for us! Oi, bless you this week with your 'fight' with mother nature. She really isn't a nice person!
It looks like you just need to come back to Rigby. That seems like the only answer. Reading is a perfectly acceptable reason not to blog. Go for it!
I'm glad you posted about your recent happenings...hope that migraine is better today! Hey, fyi this year the festival chairpeople didn't ever find a strings chair (so sad:( ) so they are handling it. Ha!
Mindy, Mindy--you make me laugh...
Thanks for sharing a smile...
even if it did come from some bummers in your life. You write so well-- :)
hey mindy....i wish we could meet like in real life. i love to read your blog, i never comment though, i don't know why. i just know that you are great! thanks for making me smile!
oh my beautiful friend...if your ugly stuck face is that one i don't feel one bit bad for you. i'm sorry that life sucks right now but look on the bright side..i'm coming to see you this weekend!!! that gives you plenty of time to clean your dirty house....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! you know i'm just givin ya crap right?
those vernalians don't know what they are missing in a violin teacher, freakin rednecks.;) that wasn't nice, sorry.
Post a Comment