Friday, January 23, 2009

Happy Birthday, Baby Girl

My little girl is not so little anymore. Aubrey decided she wanted to embrace life early... 1 1/2 months early... and hasn't stopped going full speed ahead since! You would never know that this tall, slender, beautiful, strong, smart, kind, lovely, spiritual, helpful, amazing girl started out a little over 4 lbs, and had a hard time even drinking a little milk. We're so glad that Aubrey is ours, and we wouldn't trade her for anything! Welcome to teenagedom, Aubrey Lisanne! My mom sewed Aubrey an old-fashioned flannel nightgown out of the same fabric that MY baby blanket was made out of. She also gave Aubrey my baby blanket and a cute baby doll with an outfit out of the same fabric... Mom, is that fabric used up YET? Aubrey was so excited! She has wanted a nightgown for awhile, and I am not talented enough to sew a nightgown. I can handle straight quilt lines, but no sleeves for me, please!
No day would be complete without some tears. I think we teased her or something. Who knows? She's a teenager... that explains it all.
She was excited about everything she got, including Mamma Mia from us. It had a digital copy so she could put it on her ipod. She got a neat music notebook from Mom and Dad Smith, and some money (which I'm sure she will hold onto until the PERFECT thing appears... she's good at saving!) Tyler gave her some folders and dividers for her new semester at school, and I think she got a few gifts from friends too. Spoiled rotten, that's what she is!

6 comments:

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

Happy bday Aubrey!! WE just love her-she is the very best babysitter ever. And I love having her in YW with me.:)

V and Co. said...

happy HAPPY birthday! haha! so what's my excuse for all the tears? i'm DEFITNITLY not a teenager anymore!

Felicia H. said...

Happy Birthday Aubrey

Annalee Kelly said...

She looks radiant! By the way, did you see Mama Mia? Did you like it? I want to see it but havne't gotten around to it yet!

Alison said...

She is such a beautiful girl. I hope you enjoy the teenage years too!!

Rachel Holloway said...

What a beauty!! I love the tears pic though---SOOO something I would have done. What can I say? I am emotional!! :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HER! What a lucky girl and a lucky mom!