Friday, January 30, 2009

Birthday Tradition


We started a new birthday tradition in our family this year on accident... we were singing the birthday song that goes "one year older and wiser too, happy birthday... to you!" to Aubrey, then we all started singing that line over and over again, putting a new word in there, like "one year older and sillier too, happy birthday... to you!". It got pretty funny, and we liked it, so we're sticking with it.
SO... for my birthday I'm going to send one of YOU a birthday card. I know, it's exciting. Put your head between your knees for a minute and breathe. This is how YOU could be the lucky recipient of a birthday card from me: Complete the phrase for me, One year older and __________ too, Happy Birthday... to you! The one that makes me laugh the most will win!

13 comments:

Kandice said...

It was good to see you yesterday (or whenever it was) at the gym. That is so awesome you teach the silver sneakers, how fun is that! I found your blog from Janice's, I have one too, but it is private. You are welcome to look!- send me an email at searle@usa.com Have a great Birthday-is it today??? I wish I had a cute thing to put in your song, but I am not very creative.

haley said...

loonier (i know, its not a real word, but its totally how i feel)!

Brenda said...

runnier

Janice {Run Far} said...

ha ha.. I have to laugh at Brenda's.

I am trying to think of something about running too..

Hmmmmmm

how about Poopier?

I guess you only get it if you are a runner. It's not the funny but what ever..... ;)

Tari said...

dorkier!!!

Hee hee
you know I love ya!!!

Felicia said...

I was going to try...but I'm still laughing at Brenda's response. I don't think I stand a chance.

One year older and BLOGGIER too?

Happy Birthday to you!

Felicia said...

I love the picture by the way...

Anonymous said...

Our primary president asks for this song to never be sung on her birthday because it always comes out "one year older and wider too"
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!

Anonymous said...

you're silly

The Wisers said...

One year older and Kinkier too....Happy Birthday to You! (and to Brandon)

Melissa said...

One year older and "Mindy-er" too!

Felicia H. said...

one year older and almost as cool as Felicia too, happy birthday to you.

Tari said...

I really like your picture too!!! You always have great pictures!