Saturday, September 06, 2008

Way To Go, DAD!

I am so proud of my Dad today! He did a triathlon in Kamas! I really wanted to be there to cheer him on, but I had other obligations, so I couldn't. I haven't had a chance to talk to him yet, but he told Brandon that he survived, and got 5th place for his age division (out of 6, but hey, he didn't lose, and he FINISHED! I think it's great!) Dad, you're an inspiration to me. Thank you for your example all my life of doing things, even when it's tough. I remember you delivering newspapers every morning in the dark, cleaning banks in the dark, doing dishes, going to the store when anyone even mentions they'd like a treat, and now, tackling a triathlon, just because your silly daughter said you should! Love you! I'll be there at the finish line for your next triathlon, okay? Maybe I'll do it alongside you... if you'll be patient with me during the swimming part! ;)

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow! That's amazing! :) Good job! I could never do that.

Amy said...

Nice work Ken! I don't know if I could do that!!

Rachel Holloway said...

WOW! Impressive!! WAY, WAY, WAY TO GO!

Brenda said...

Good job, Dad! That's great!

Marci said...

that is so awesome! now i see where you get it from.;)
you like my couches don't ya? come on i know you want them for your very own. i may even trade straight across for your very cute couch that i covet!:)
you need to come and visit us someday soon ok?