I ran this race today, and beat my goal time by a little over a minute! AND I did it all with a pulled muscle from 2 days ago in my left calf! (It was killing me the whole time, but I couldn't just stop! ;) My time was 38:52, so less than 8 minute miles! (That's good for me... I know other people would kick my pants!) It was a gorgeous morning, with gorgeous views, and nice friendly people. I'd definitely do it again. I WISH that I had a picture to post, but my wonderful husband and kids forgot the camera, even though I specifically told them that I wanted ANY picture of me running, since I have none. Well, maybe next time! Brandon did take some with his phone, so I'll see if he can upload those to here. This race is mostly downhill, so it's pretty easy... I would LOVE to have company next year, and there is even a walking division!Oh. LAME. So, this is the ONE picture that Brandon got. He had the phone pointed at me forever, so I thought he was doing a video or something, so I did a little "woot", and that's when he snaps it. The ONE picture I have of me running, and I look like this. Oh brother!
8 comments:
That time of year again huh?
Did I ever tell you that I ran that race last year in 33 min and change? I won it for the women. Yep, the only race I have ever taken first for the women and I didn't even get a ribbon.
Good job, I am happy you did well. Did you know anyone else that ran? Any of the girls from when we use to all go to the gym and do weights and then run?
Hey, I like the "woot" picture! Congrats on beating your goal time! I am very impressed. I think anything under a 9 minute mile is impressive, so under 8-Nice! In fact I think that running any race at any time is worthy of a cheer. Good work and maybe next year I will have to join you, especially if it is all down hill!
I'll do it with you next year if you carry me.
Ooooooh! Totally impressive! And I like your woot picture...very cute! :)
That is so cool. I wish I could say that I ran ran 8 minute miles. SOMEDAY...right!?
I would love to run some kind of race...whether it be 5 miles or even a marathon! That has been one of my goals, but I'm just not dedicated enough and don't have a lot of time to train. :( I might try to work for the 5K run next year during the 4th of July Freedom Festival (or whatever it's called). We'll see what happens... I haven't been running much lately. :(
you did it! Great job!
I'll get you those recipes soon!
It's cute. Good for you. From the sound of so many people feeling so invigorated by a good run, makes me want to give it a shot. I need to start out with a good walk first though. Maybe I'll get there. Hope so.
Post a Comment