Tuesday, September 02, 2008

I Need Family

Last night I had a dream that Cassie (Brandon's sister) moved to my town. I was SO excited, and thrilled that I would have a best friend right around the corner! As soon as she moved here, I had lunch dates, shopping together, walks, talks, everything all planned out. During the dream, Hannah (another sister of Brandon's) came to visit us, and it was so much fun! I loved the dream so much that when I woke up, I was still excited... until reality set in. The funny thing is, about a week ago I dreamed that we had to move right by my in-laws, and when I woke up I was sooooo excited... until reality set in. Why can't my dreams just come true? Here's Cassie's cutie, Hayden.
Cassie biting her fingernails. ;) Here's a funny story... when Brandon and I hadn't been married very long, Cassie came to visit us and came to church with us. Lots of people thought she was MY sister, not Brandon's, because we looked alike. Well, I can tell you... I'll never be offended if anyone says I look like Cassie. (She, on the other hand, might be... ;)
My most recent picture of Cassie... and the last visit I had with her. Every time we visit each other, it just about kills me to say goodbye. I don't know what it is about Cassie, but every time we say goodbye I get so weepy. Maybe it's because I know that it's going to be way too long before we see each other again. I'd almost rather just run out the door and drive away without saying goodbye! We're about 6 months apart in age, and I have loved having her as a sister all these years. I just wish she really did live here... Cassie, do you think you could convince Doug to move here??? It would be perfect!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you on the family. I just wish I could select WHICH family could move here! And please know I was just kidding. I was soo not offended. I know how that goes! ;)

Callie said...

Mindy-
Not sure if you remember me or not, I used to be Cassie and Alison's roommate back in those good old days... anyhow, just had to pop in and say you're not the only one that would love it if Cassie moved a little closer!

Amy said...

Sister in laws are the greatest aren't they??? It would be so hard to be away from family. I don't know how you do it and you always seem so happy!

Lisa said...

well that was sweet.