I know not very many of you will read my blog before tomorrow evening, but if you do, and you're a girl (or a boy who has ideas) please share with me any great young women activities that you have done/ would like to do. I have a big planning meeting tomorrow, and would love to take some tried and tested ideas. These can be little simple things, or big neato ones. Thank you!!
4 comments:
In our planning mtgs with the laurel class pres., the laurels wanted to learn more homemaking ideas before graduating; also, our bishop required that 50% of all y.w./y.m. activities be service oriented. SO... once a month for class activities, the laurels and leaders would meet at one of our homes and teach them how to cook a favorite recipe. Then we would take it to a family in the ward. Also a neat activity that the girls LOVED was going to the Lehi Bridal Shop (LDS owners) and trying on modest wedding dresses and then we took pictures and made these cool handouts with their bridal pictures alonside a temple and a quote "Where do you see yourself on your wedding day?" and a Boyd K. Packer quote about the most important decision in your life being just that... Also prior to trying on the dresses, the owner spoke to the girls about goal setting and modesty, etc. It was a wonderful evening. You could adjust that depending on the owner's flexibility/religious orientation, etc. It's late and i have many more ideas, so let me know if you need more. Good luck, President Smith!
I don't know if this counts as an activity, but during church one Sunday, everyone in young womens sat around in a big circle. Then we'd start with one girl, and went around the circle having each person say one thing nice about that girl. We were pretty much all in tears at the end. It was something I'll never forget!
As far as doing something outside of church time, I liked collecting canned goods for the food drive. I also liked learning to budget. We split into groups and went shopping with the "money" we had. Then we came back and cooked it (it was all for a dinner for I think the young women families or something).
Great ideas, girls! Thank you so much! I'm off to my meeting...
Darn! I missed this! Hope your meeting went well!
Post a Comment