Tuesday, July 01, 2008
Bear Lake and Stuff
What could be more fun that Girls Night Out? It wasn't wild and crazy, but we did have fun. We went to Fire House and ate delicious food! The waiter did forget about us for awhile, but once we got to order, all was well. Maybe he didn't forget about us... maybe we just scared him!
Melissa... contemplating the menu... or life, or something.
Cassie, I'm sorry... but how could I not put this picture on here?
Hannah looked so adorable it was sickening. Her hair looked so beautiful, but she said she was going to cut it. I kind of thought maybe she shouldn't... but then she did, and guess what? She looked even MORE adorable!
Holly and Leisha... I don't know what they're smiling so big about, but apparently it's not each other!
Katie... contemplating the menu... or life, or something.
The next day we went to Bear Lake. This is the 2nd year in a row that we've done this, so I'm thinking it should be tradition. It's a great place for the kids to play, since they can go quite a ways out into the lake and still touch bottom. The picture above is Payton with a squirt gun trying to shoot the seagulls. It was so funny to watch him... I think his dad has taught him well!
Annie, Annie, Annie... how could you not LOVE those dimples? She's such an adorable smiley baby.
Haylee, Haylee, Haylee... if you can look at those cheeks without wanting to kiss them... you're weird.
I will never be able to get the order of pictures in here right, so just deal with it! Here's Great Grandpa with Brandon. They must have heard a pretty good joke. Grandpa went on a walk with the whole family earlier. At first he didn't quite know if he wanted to. I had to almost force him to come... he'd say, "Well, if I had my hat with a brim", so I ran to the truck, got one of Brandon's, plopped it on his head, and said, "Let's go!". By the end of the walk he was outwalking a lot of us, and there was a spring in his step. There's still some energy left in Grandpa! I enjoyed going to pick him up for dinner a couple of days and having him predict exactly when the seat belt beep would sound.
Back to Bear Lake... grandmas, girls, and babies... oh my!
Leisha playing with Josie and Molly. They were all SO cute!
Oh, and who could this sexy man be? Of course! MY husband. :) I didn't get any pictures of my kids, because all you could ever see were their heads way out in the water. After the lake we went to La Beau's for fresh raspberry shakes (and other flavors, of course!) It was a beautiful day!
Grandma on the swing with Molly and Josie. Those two girls were a hoot! The first day we were there they said, "Who's the Princesses?" Then they'd hug and dance around and chant, "We're the princesses, we're the princesses!"
Cassie was the chef extraordinaire for the week. She made some amazingly delicious food. Sigh. Why can't Cassie live at my house and cook for me every day?
I did a little "photo shoot" with the "princesses". I felt a little bit like a weirdo, though, because I was bribing them with smarties. I was like, "Here's a candy little girl, now come sit over here and pose for me..." See what I mean? Weird. I didn't get any really amazing shots this time, but it was fun. Someday I'll have a camera without so many limitations. And more smarties.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Thank you for the picturs. I miss my girls so much, so I was very happy to see some new pictures. I am very jealous I wasn't there to be with them though. You are right, Hannah looks way hot in that picture so I can't wait to see what she looks like with the new haircut.
I laughed outloud on the ipod thing. That was really funny.
By the way, stay away from my kids you wierd-o. Offering them candy in order to take their pictures. Creepy. Just kidding. ha ha
-Jake
I love girls night out...
Bear Lake is so beautiful...
Looks like you had a lot of fun!
looks like fun, I need a vacation
*sigh* i want to be part of your family!!!
Looks like a grand time! I think I need a vacation...
MINDY--What wonderful posts!!! Your yard---stunning. You seriously need to come help me. I mean it....seriously.
And what a wonderful vacation. It looks like such a blast! I am so glad you had a get together and girls time. MUCH needed, I am sure!
Post a Comment