Monday, July 28, 2008

Camping at East Park

Sorry about all of our "vacation" posts, but I thought if I posted enough beautiful fun places, someone might come visit us! We went camping this past weekend at a place called East Park. We LOVED it! It was a great camping spot, only $8, and as beautiful as you can imagine! There's a reservoir there that is just gorgeous. Cooper found this rock and called it his "chair". He sat in it for quite awhile, and generously told the rest of us we could sit on his chair whenever we wanted to.
This is what amazes me so much about this place we live in. It's red rock desert in one place, and ten minutes later you're in the forest.
Cooper found a great "picture" spot.
Then Aubrey had to try it. She had a harder time getting back down, though! Tyler is learning all about trees here. Brandon taught us that Pines have needles in Pairs or Packages, Firs have Flat needles, and Spruce are Square. The neat thing was that all three of those kinds of trees were right next to each other.
We had to get our feet wet, and boy did it feel good! That water definitely had bite.
Poor Cooper was sick on Friday night. He didn't even want any treats, and he didn't want to play any games. He just slept while the rest of us played Yahtzee until midnight. Luckily he felt all better the next morning.
Eating bagels at the campground... we went really easy with the food... hotdogs for dinner, bagels and boiled eggs for breakfast. We even skipped the s'mores, since it started raining like crazy when we were going to make them.
Here's our campsite. It smelled so good! I can't wait to go back.
This is Aubrey and Brandon looking out onto that nice cool water. I went for a 3 mile run that morning, and Brandon dared me to jump into the water right after. I was seriously tempted, but after feeling it with my feet, I was glad I didn't attempt it. Refreshing would be an understatement!
I think this was one of my favorite campsites ever! We'd love to go again anytime, if someone gets the urge to go camping with us!

5 comments:

V and Co. said...

beautiful!

galleygrapevine said...

I've always loved East Park. It's a good place to camp, fish and relax.
When I was a fourth year at girls camp, we hiked into the park and then swam and canoed. It was cold, but back then we were stupid!

Jason said...

Looks pretty cool. I bet camping is a lot easier with a trailer. I'd like one of those...and a truck to pull it with...and a house with room to park it.

Brenda said...

I love the puke bowl next to Cooper. Ha ha! I've learned to use a towel instead of a bowl, though, because then there's no splashing. Ethan threw up last weekend when we went camping. There must be something going around.

leslie mae said...

I'd be there in a heartbeat if it wasn't so stinkin expensive to get there!!! What a gorgeous place! Looks like a great lake for paddling a kayak or canoe! What fun!!