Tuesday, August 03, 2010

I'm Alive! But Just Barely...

I don't know what's up with this blogging thing, but it just doesn't happen as much anymore. I'm thinking that most people don't even care, so it's not a big deal if I go a long time without sharing some random tidbits. But, since it has been so long, this might be long... I do promise to put lots of pictures on, and try not to be too boring.
I stupidly thought that I'd have time to relax this summer, but alas... I should have known better. I think the word "relax" is no longer a word that applies to me. I guess when you're training for a marathon, photography sessions pick up, and all the rest of the stuff hasn't gone away, it doesn't get easier.

So, in recent news, Hannah had her third beautiful baby girl... June Lydia. It has been so much fun to live close enough to see how much she changes almost every day. I got to do a newborn photo session recently with June, and she was so cute and easy to photograph. It has also been fun living close enough to have Molly & Annie come over when they went to the hospital for June to be born, and when Hannah has doctor visits out in Roosevelt. They're at such a fun age... I miss my kids being little.
I've also lucked out getting to visit with Brandon's mom and some of the sisters as they've come out to help Hannah. I love those girls, and am so glad that they consider me a daughter and a sister and a friend. And... what can be more fun than two 35 year old women and their kids blowing on arms and legs to make fanny burping sounds? (The fanny burp is a nod to Stuart ;) We were laughing hysterically, and I'm pretty sure I had tears. The best was when Cassie convinced the kids that I was pretending to blow on my leg to cover up a "real one". When I said, "yeah, my lips weren't even touching my leg", they totally believed us. Which scares me a little bit... that they'd believe I could actually toot that long and loud. ;)

The fun week continued when my dad and mom came out for a visit since they had a break from working at the temple. Mom helped me and Aubrey go through all of our clothes and clean out our drawers, which was no small feat. We had a fun time though, especially Aubrey and I attempting to get both of us in the same pair of pants at once. We went to the car show, the boring fair, the temple, Golden Corral, and my favorite, Walmart. (Did you hear the sarcasm dripping from that??) I loved having them here! I really appreciated Dad running the last 4 miles of my 16 miler this weekend, and Mom coming with me on one of my photoshoots.
Speaking of photoshoots... I got to do one for this gorgeous singer and violinist, and I even got to make cd covers for her. How cool is that? It was so much fun! You have to let me know what you think of the cd covers, and which one you like best. I'll post more as we go.
In case anyone is wondering (and if you're my facebook friend, you're not wondering ;) how my marathon training is going, it's going great! So far so good... and even though running for over 2 1/2 hours isn't the most fun thing in the world, I am loving the sense of accomplishment each week as I reach  new milestones in distance. (And enjoying my time with Brandon... he loves me enough to run up to 8 miles of my long runs with me). I've had times of feeling so worn down and exhausted, with all the running (127 miles in July) and teaching at the gym, that I don't know how I'm possibly going to make it through this training. Then a couple of days later, I'll feel great, and have all the energy in the world. It's strange, but amazing. I'll make it through. :)
The kids have been themselves, which means I love them to pieces, and they're driving me insane. They grow up shockingly fast, and I still can't understand how all of a sudden Aubrey is so tall and grown up, Tyler is almost as tall as I am, and grown up, and Cooper is growing out of all of his pants and asking to wear deodorant. Last Sunday Aubrey asked me to help her with the back of her hair. After I told her she'd have to take off her high heels if she wanted me to be able to help her, I realized she didn't have high heels on. Sigh.
Anyone have any life advice for me about not feeling hurt when others do hurtful things? Most of the time I'm good with everything, try to give others the benefit of the doubt, and figure they didn't mean it, but sometimes when I'm trying to go to sleep I can't stop thinking about it.

Well, enough of that. I'm bored with myself now, so I'm going to stop. Not without one parting photo though...
Happy Birthday, Jake! ;)

Oh! p.s. Read "The Help"... excellent book. Don't watch "Stranger than Fiction"... dumb movie.

11 comments:

Amy said...

I love the CD covers with her violin in it. Those are my fave. And thanks for the post.

I am glad your training is going well. I am slowly picking up my miles and so far so good.

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

love the pictures of June, laughing at the last one. Life is crazy busy for you. Sometimes I think my life is busy but I am not running kids here and there. Had fun the other day, miss seeing you every week in YW.

Brenda said...

Too much stuff to comment on. My head is going to explode. June looks so precious! Something about running--good job! I don't know which CD cover looks best. When someone does hurtful things, and you're laying in bed and can't stop thinking about it, pray instead. Pray that God will work in their hearts, and that you can still share the love of Christ, even when people are hurtful. I love you!

girlsmama said...

I loved "The Help" excellent book. The pictures are wonderful. I like the ones with her violin in them too. Then you know what your getting! And a precious baby, makes me want more. :)

Felicia H. said...

I get me feelings hurt by people sometimes too and then lay awake thinking about it. Geoff has helped me be a lot better about not getting too hurt or upset by learning not to care about things that don't really matter. There are too many good things in life that really do matter to waste minutes of your life dwelling on the things that don't.

Tari said...

I really like the close up. and do you have The Help? it's our book for book club this month I still need to read it. I've heard great things about it. Would you like to come to our book club meeting?

Dallas said...

I like the last album cover the best. I can't wait to read your thoughts about your first marathon. That's such a long distance.

Josh and Kristen said...

Why, why, why do they have to grow out of that newborn stage so fast? I am so jealous of Hannah's little newborn. So cute. And of course, the pictures are awesome. As far as the CD covers, I love the one that she is standing in the field with the trees in the back, and then also the one just after that of her leaning against the brick wall.

Janice {Run Far} said...

great pics as usual. I read "The Help" a few months back.... one of my favorites. Great miles for July.... more then me... I think I only had around 115. Keep it up, you are going to rock your marathon.

Those Darn Calls said...

Just think of it this way......burning that many calories means you can eat whatever you want! I know that's not exactly true, but THINKING it might help. Love ya!

Karey said...

I check your blog and I hope you keep blogging. Some advice on how to never get your feelings hurt? Don't have feelings anymore. Unless you turn off your feelings, which I think would be very bad, I believe there will always be times when your feelings get hurt. It's part of life. My advice--try to let go of the hurt and resentment as fast as possible.

I liked Stranger Than Fiction. Sorry!