Sunday, August 29, 2010
Excitingest Family Vacation Ever Part 2
The thing this post is going to prove more than anything else is that I am officially the worst photographer in the world. I didn't take any pictures... well, these. That's it. Yes, Brandon isn't happy with me. I guess I get a little burned out sometimes and I just want to enjoy myself without looking through the eye of the camera.
So, after Dayton we went to my mom & dad's in Bountiful for more pampering, spoiling, and fun. And now that I've waited so long to write this part, I can't remember as much detail, but I do remember that it was nice. Thanks, mom & dad for always being happy to have us come (or putting on a good show of being happy ;), and making beds and giving us whatever we ask for.
Monday morning we went to the Clark Planetarium to see the IMAX 3D show. Cooper especially loved it, and it was super cool. Even I couldn't stop myself from reaching out to grab something every once in awhile. ;) We also toured the conference center, and saw all the different colored lights they put on the organ pipes. It was cool. We did all of the other temple square, beehive house, etc. stuff, and it was really neat. I loved visiting with the missionaries there, and talking to sisters from all over the world.
We had a few not-so-fun moments, as you can see from the face of our second child in this photo, but overall it was a great trip. We got to swim in the motel pool, which was oh so exciting, and I discovered that my swim bottoms were transparent in the back. Yes, that is a fun discovery. I won't be wearing them again. We ate lots of good things, and especially enjoyed Cold Stone. I know there was so much more that we did, but my mind is completely blank right now... see, I waited too long to post this. Just know that it was truly the most exciting vacation e-vah.
I did do a photoshoot with Brandon's cousin's wife and daughters, so I wasn't a complete waste of a photographer. ;) They were so so cute, and I loved getting to know them better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
oh Mindy, you crack me up! You SERIOUSLY rock your camera--always--not just in photoshoots. :) So what if you didn't take more pics. You enjoyed your time and you took a break--and you captured the FEELING in your heart, right?! That's what counts! lol :)
Glad it was a great vacay! You DESERVE that!
LOL about the transparent swim bottoms. I hope it was the first time you'd worn them...
Our big vacation this year was riding the escalator at IKEA. I didn't get a picture either.
The picture with your boys is great! It looks like they're having the time of their lives!
Love that first pic of the temple. Kim said she saw you at church and I am glad you had the most excitingest vacation ever!
gorgeous pics. glad you had a fun trip. pretty bummed that we never got you & henry & your camera acquainted. :(
gorgeous pics. glad you had a fun trip. pretty bummed that we never got you & henry & your camera acquainted. :(
mindy i would LOVE to have you take our pictures. but how the heck do we make it happen? you email me and tell me. because i want you to.
Post a Comment