Saturday, August 14, 2010
Idaho Part of "the Vacation"
Yes, the Smith family went on "vacation" this last week, and let me tell you... it was BIG. When we go on vacation, we don't do the boring stuff everyone else does, like Hawaii, or Disneyland... no, we think bigger than that. We go to Dayton, Idaho, and Salt Lake City. Whoa! I know!
The first part of our trip was spent at the Smith Farm, and it was actually WONDERFUL. Seriously perfection. Imagine complete relaxation, steak, sourdough biscuits from heaven, and my favorite... rhubarb crunch. (There was pie for the less refined folks ;). I seriously love that stuff... way too much. We were fed SO well, and I hardly helped with a thing. (Mom kept saying we were on vacation... but I felt guilty anyway. ;)
I also got to run my 12 mile long run Saturday morning, and it was wonderful! I wish I could run every long run in the country. Seriously, only 2 cars passed me... oh, and a GLIDER PLANE with Brandon waving at me from it. That was a highlight for sure. He was supposed to run the last half with me, but decided to ride with a friend in his glider plane, and I don't blame him one bit. It looked like so much fun! The kids had a blast playing, running around, riding the 4-wheeler, reading, relaxing and spending time with cousins who think my kids are super cool. Brandon spent time with "old girl" (his truck), and was totally content.
We even had a fun photo shoot in the gorgeous fields... isn't this one fabulous? I love it! Ahhhh, how I love the farm. Thank you so much for making the first couple of days of our vacation perfection, Mom & Dad! We loved our time with you so much.
I'll blog more of our super fabulous HUGE vacation when I get around to the photos...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





9 comments:
Sounds like a nice, relaxing time!
You got good style mindy
is that pic of Brandon's parents? Holy moly.... I love it. So sweet.
Yes, Janice... Brandon's parents. :) Aren't they so cute? I love love love it!
Those are ALL gorgeous! The picture of your husband looks like it should be some cologne ad or something! :)
Glad you had a great vacay. You deserved it. Honestly!
Mmm! Rhubard crunch! Makes my mouth water just thinking about it...
Love all the pics! You are one good looking family.
Sounds like a good vacation. Sometimes a vacation has to be recovered from, but yours sounds relaxing and pleasant. You and Brandon are a cute couple.
LOVE THE PICS!! I think those relaxing trips are the best vacations!!! Sounds like you had a great time!!
Post a Comment