Thursday, August 26, 2010

Back to School Extravaganza

I thought if I put a fancy name on my post it might make it seem more exciting than it really is. Let me know how that worked for you, okay?

Aubrey started HIGH SCHOOL. She's a sophomore. In the HIGH SCHOOL. That doesn't make me a mom of a high schooler though, because that would be OLD. She's not excited about school. I don't know why for sure... I'm thinking because she's too cool to be excited. She was also not excited about getting her picture taken. Or her hair. Or her outfit. Sigh... I believe we have an official teenager on our hands. Nothing to do but wait it out...
I made Tyler's friend Christian get into the first day of school picture too. Middle school boys... oh, what could be cuter? Tyler was kind of a little excited for school but not really.
Now you have to guess how Cooper felt about school... which picture shows his true feelings? If you guessed the frown... you're WRONG. He was the most excited about school. As I predicted, this didn't last long. Last night he said he didn't really want to go to school anymore. One day of excitement, that's all we got. Sigh... this is going to be a looooong year.

Well, enough about school. I didn't get the pictures of my boys in that last post about Idaho vacation (and there's more to the vacation, but obviously I haven't got around to posting about it yet). This was before haircuts for the boys, so try not to scream from fright when you see them.
I know... it's hard to tell if they're boys, or if they're wooly mammoths. I assure you, they are boys. Or wait... maybe they are wooly mammoths. I get confused sometimes. Which ones are messier? That's what they are... whichever is messier.
Aubrey took this photo of me, and I actually really like it. It's really hard to be the one having your picture taken... it's good for me to be on the awkward side of the camera every once in awhile... I learn a lot about how to be a photographer, seriously! And a little more about me me me: I'm still training for that crazy thing they call a marathon. I'll have to write more about it later, but it's been kind of an interesting journey. I'll be running the longest run I run before the actual marathon Saturday... 20 miles. Whew. Gulp. Huh. Help?
And... I've had some really fun sessions lately. I LOVED this session with a senior from Colorado. She was so cute, and it was one of those days when things just went really well.

Well... Aubrey just called. I have to go pick her up at the HIGH SCHOOL. It's weird that I have to pick kids up from high school when I'm NOT the MOTHER of a high schooler. I'm not old enough.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty good post.. for an old lady

Anonymous said...

I look forward to hearing about your training for the marathon and your long runs and such, since i didn't really get that experience so much.

Unknown said...

I think the exciting title totally helped. It got me to comment :) Let me just say this, Aubrey is beautiful. And there is just no way you are old enough to be the mother of a high schooler.

Brenda said...

My boys hair was really long too, and then Troy cut it, and it's not really better. Especially since he "practiced" on Ethan. Like Ethan is a practice dummy or something. Anyway, you're just going to have to face the fact that you're old. Or pretend that Aubrey is adopted. That might work, too.

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

Aubrey looked so beautiful. Mike and I were lamenting the other day about her growing up and going to high school and getting too big to baby sit. I was actually Mike that mentioned it, I had to laugh.;) Love the pics of the boys in the truck and the one of you is just beautiful-not looking old at all.;)

girlsmama said...

Wow! Are you ready for the high school boys? Because I think you'll be beating them off with a stick. Lucky your young and healthy, because it will be a work out. :)

And while Aubrey is stunning the picture of her very young mother is breathtaking.

Janice {Run Far} said...

you already know this from Fb... but that is my fave pic... I almost want to just... um, I don't know... giggle..... You are so darn gorgeous. HOTTIE fo sho....

{krista} said...

Aubrey a sophomore already??? She's so beautiful!!!

Those Darn Calls said...

Your kids are so adorable!! LOL @ HIGH SCHOOL. This is my second year of not being the mother of someone in HIGH SCHOOL. It doesn't get better the next year, you just get one year older. ;)

Felicia H. said...

You look great in that picture Aubrey took of you, if you have to be the mom of a high schooler at least you get to be the hot mom :)

Karey said...

Wow! Mindy, you're right. Our kids are very similar in ages. The only difference is I have one in college this year, too. Cute pictures of everyone!

Good luck with the marathon (you've already done the 20 mile run!)

Ken - Tam said...

Mindy,

I hope that you know what this is doing to your mother and I. If you have a teenage (high schooler) already where does that put us???

Rachel Holloway said...

Okay--look at that HOT picture of you and then repeat again, that you are indeed not old enough to have a highschool girl...because you CERTAINLY don't look it!! :)

Your back to school pics cracked me up--their smiles (fake or now) are seriously beautiful!!!

Hoping the excitement comes back and Cooper makes it through the year. lol!!

V and Co. said...

btw you look gorgeous.