Wednesday, February 10, 2010

52 Photowalks: Week 6

I didn't put a huge effort into this week's photowalk, but I did one, and some weeks are just going to be like that! :) I got these adorable (I use that word a lot... probably too much) chrysanthemums from a sweet student and friend, and I'm never one to pass up a chance to shoot some flowers. We're leaving Friday morning for a much MUCH MUCH needed trip. Brandon and I are... now, don't be too jealous and hate me... but, we're going to St. George. It's going to be sunny and in the 60s. It sounds so nice that I'm almost jealous of myself. ;) The kids are going to Grandpa & Grandma's farm. Yes, they're sweeter than sweet, and they love my kids. Imagine that!
Tomorrow is Harold's birthday party. Harold is my 96, soon to be 97, year old Silver Sneaker hero. I love Harold. I'm so excited to celebrate his birthday... it's all we've been talking about in Silver Sneakers class for about a month. ;) I'm also excited to go for more training the end of the month. I'm going to learn YogaStretch... yup, yoga for the "silvers". It's going to be fun.
I got a little depressed on my run today... I've really felt fine about turning 35, but I started thinking about how I was 20 just yesterday. That means I'm going to be 50 tomorrow. It comes that fast. You blink, and 15 years have gone by. All of you who are over 25 know what I'm talking about.
Laundry is a relentless opponent. It never sleeps. It never rests. It never retreats. But I shall conquer it. Oh yes. I shall conquer it.

6 comments:

Brittney said...

Beautiful! I love how you can take anything and turn it into a masterpiece. Which reminds me, your last photowalk blew my socks off! Have fun on your trip...I only hate you a little ;)

girlsmama said...

Laundry. Hmphh. It bests me every time it seems.

{krista} said...

Those are gorgeous, Mindy! (btw, I just found out my niece in law Mindys real name is Melinda, too). I wish I was going to st. George with you. I was "supposed" to be going, but things happened, and now I'm not. Darn it!

Aimee said...

I love these pictures...they make me want to skip over the gangly stage of spring right to the blooms! I like the vintage touch, too. And soooo jealous of your trip!!!

Kameron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tanya said...

Not much effort? What are you talking about? I love these pics! I am a couple of weeks behind. I have taken the pics, just need to post them. I will catch up this week! HOw are you doing?