I made Aubrey pose... she doesn't like to pose, as you all know, but she's gorgeous, and she's my daughter, so it's in the contract somewhere that she HAS to... at least every once in awhile.
She loves me not...
Monday I went to Marci's for an apron girls get together. I love Marci's house. Just love it. She has the neatest little touches everywhere, like this chandelier in the girls' room.
And lunch was served so beautifully, in the most beautiful dishes, with the loveliest vintage tablecloth (and Holly, if you REALLY have a TON of them and you won't give me just one, I will hate you forever...) When I grow up, I want to have pretty things like this and be able to put on a real luncheon that doesn't involve tupperware and cool whip containers.
The girls in Marci's garden... I had to put the black and white one up, because I'm having a little crisis right now over my orange hair. The box said brown.
The next day was the mission 24 get together, and since there were only 3 of us there, we had fun posing for each other. (and Brittney, if you post that picture of me and the pole, I will hate you forever ;) Rachel has a gorgeous smile... and she is a beautiful person inside and out. She stayed overnight with me at my mom and dad's, and it was short, but wonderful! Her kids are very sweet and adorable, and her little girl let me fix her hair (ahh, heaven! ;) Rachel taught me a beautiful lesson, and I am so grateful for her. Maybe I'll share sometime, but I don't want to embarrass her, or myself. Just know that she is amazing.
Brittney is one beautiful and fun girl! I loved meeting her, and getting to know her a little better. Her little girls were cuter than cute! Besides being an amazing photographer, she's a biker... the kind that bikes "centuries" for fun. :)
Aubrey took this picture of the three of us... she did good, huh? I guess you get to see my orange hair after all. Dang it.I hate to whine on my blog, but I also hate to act like everything is perfect in my life... so, even though this weekend was wonderful... spending time with Brandon, seeing friends, meeting friends... I still feel like my life is spiraling out of control. Brandon is on his way back home now, which is wonderful in one way, but it means that he doesn't have a job right now. Ain't life grand? :)

23 comments:
so does this mean you aren't moving to draper???? what???? i'm confused!!! oh, and marci and i decided we need a road trip to vernal. want to house us? can you ask your mommy if you can have a sleep over? i promise to be on my best behavior!!!
loved seeing you this week. isn't it funny that you can love a group of women so much but in reality we are all pretty much strangers? thanks for apron girls!!! it seriously has given me a different outlook on having women as friends. thanks!
I love all these pictures and I'm so excited to be a part of another group that features you and Rachel! Woo Hoo!! :) And your hair is not orange. And when you feel like it... a blog on what's going on with your move, etc... I'm guessing maybe things have changed if Brandon's on his way back home without the job from out of town? Hope you're okay. Love ya, girl!
I don't know what apron girls or mission 24 are, but it looks like you gals had a heap of fun! And I wanted to say that even though really I hardly know you, I love you! It seems like you are in the midst of some stormy waters right now. When it feels like life is swirling around me I try to remind myself that in 20 years I will look back and say, "Wow, that could not have gone any differently right then to lead me where I am now ." I know it's cheesy, but it gets me through some of the toughness life brings. Chant it to yourself. I swear you'll feel better. And if you don't, then go to dairy queen, because that helps too. :)
and also, I love your hair color, very lovely and breezy for summer.
Haley... well, we're not moving to Draper right now, and I don't know when/ if we will. Believe me, I'm confused too!!! You and Marci are welcome to stay with me ANYTIME! I'd love it! (Although I don't believe you know what "best behavior" means. ;)
Candace, yes, things have changed... sigh. Brandon won't be working for the company he was going to be working for. It turns out that they had some problems they didn't know about, just found out they were actually losing money, had to fire a bunch of people, and might go completely under. Wonderful economy, isn't it? So, we've taken one step forward, 12 steps back. And, I will be okay, I'm sure. :)
Carol, apron girls is a blog of a bunch of home-makey (or pretend home-makey in my case) girls, and we just share ideas, love, laughs... stuff like that. I have a button on the side. Mission 24 is a photography challenge blog... it's a lot of fun! I love your perspective, and I really will take your advice and repeat it to myself multiple times a day. And if there was a dairy queen here, I'd be there. Or a cold stone. Or any place that has ice cream!
And thank you for the hair comments... it still IS orange, and it's ugly, but I have an appointment for the 25th. I'm going to let Amberly work some magic. :)
Oh, in case anyone is reading this horribly long comment at all... I am so grateful I have such sweet and wonderful friends... thank you so much!!
Lord have mercy child things are crazy for you. I think you need to grab the card I sent you for a reminder of no matter how upside down things are its important to find the humor in life. Loves!!
I'm sorry Mindy. That stinks. I don't even have any inspiring words for you, except you look beautiful in orange...
Ditto to all the wonderful advice already given to you! Things will work out, even if it takes 20 years (or something like that) and you do have lots of great friends who love and support you (I am one of those, in case you forgot) plus you do look good in orange in that pic! Your photograper (aka Aubrey) got the light composition just right to make you look beautiful, as always! (Hugs)
Love you, Mindy. The world will turn rightside up eventually... and when it does I'm sure you'll hit the ground running. *hugs*
i am so sad that i missed that! ugh. and i'm super sorry you aren't moving to draper (that's where my mom in law is) and i'm SUPER SAD that brandon doesn't have a job.
yes life is grand. sigh.
Mindy, I wish I was really good with words and could say something so profound. I will say I am sorry. And sometimes life does STINK! I hope all works out soon and you see the reason behind THIS!
Dear Mindy...
I miss you.
I love you.
And I am thinking of you.
And maybe, just maybe, this is your "dime". I think you know what I mean...
You're in my prayers...though, I wish you were in my house sitting next to me laughing and talking. I loved my time with you.
That is a huge bummer! We have been through that before. I am sure that you will find the positive and good out of this. Maybe you are getting the opportunity to open the door to something you have always wanted to do. Good luck!!!
Dearest Mindy, I didn't notice your hair being orange at all. So it's fine. Better than purple right? :)
I'm so sorry to hear about the job. We walked that rocky path a couple years ago (4 jobs in two years!). I pray that it will settle down soon, and you will see the purpose in it all. And just think, Cold Stone is coming soon right? Hugs!
I hope that things start looking up. I wish I had some wonderful words of advice, but I don't, so just know I'm thinking about you and praying that things get better!
I know what will cheer you up...a sexy pole dancing picture. It's for sure to bring a smile (and maybe a blush) to your day...if only I could post it ;). I LOVED meeting you! You, my dear are simply amazing and I don't mean to sound trite but, I'm rootin' for you!
Keep your head up Mindy! As far as I know about you,,,you are a strong gal and will get through all of this stress! I have this awesome youtube thing that was sent to me this morning...I really needed it. I will send it to you ok?
I am so sad that I didn't get to go to Marci's. I want to be in that picture,,,even though I am fat! ;) My life is a bit out of control right now, and there were some things that happened that day that are completely out of my control. I was so excited when Marci said you were moving to Draper,,,,dangit that you're not, for more than the reason that I just really want to meet you! I hope Brandon finds a job soon! Prayin' for you!!!
thinking about you...
i'm so sorry to hear that things didn't work out with the job. i pray something comes through very soon. sure loved being able to visit some more. it was a great afternoon. thanks for starting apron girls. :)
I like the color of your hair. Sounds like you all had a great time. Your kids are getting so big. They are truly beautiful. I am amazed at how time flies.
What a fun week! I just wish that I could have met you! I hope the job/ moving situation gets straightened out soon!
I'm so sorry I missed seeing you this week. I read that last paragraph and almost cried. I wanted to pick up the phone and call you right then, but I didn't know if you wanted to talk.
Please know that I'm thinking of you.
I have been busy and haven't visited computer land for a while....What's all this about brandon's job?????? Call me lets chat and catch up! Love ya girl, I will be praying for you.
i ditto rach...i miss you, i love you, and i wish you lived close enough that you could sit on my couch and we could talk a while. i have been wanting to call you since our email last week and then all of this happened with my dad and i've been emotionally overwhelmed. i am going to call you though and i am praying for you two.
isn't it great that you are so beautiful that even if you have orange hair you still are gorgeous! plus i don't see the orange thing but you do. silly girl.
Post a Comment