Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Sweetest Gift

I am now the proud owner of a handmade rug... and just because I'm lucky enough to be able to teach the Silver Sneakers class at the gym. I am often told by these amazing "older" people how much they enjoy the class, and how much it is helping them with their arthritis/weight/bursitis/bloodpressure/surgery recover/legs/energy/alzheimers... etc. I LOVE that I can do something that is really helping others, and I love getting to know the people in the class. I really love them all!! They are inspiring, funny, and just great people. Anyway, one of the ladies, Barbara, told me she wanted to give me one of her rugs that she makes... and look how beautiful! It's just icing on the cake... I really love my job!!

5 comments:

Brittney said...

That is so sweet! What a beautiful rug. I love how you captured it's rich colors and texture.

Amy said...

Very cute and so nice of her!

Candace said...

That is such a beautiful rug!! What a treasure. I used to teach water aerobics at my gym and I loved the older ladies in my class too! They're so much fun and full of character! :)

girlsmama said...

I love finely aged ladies. They inspire me and help me know that I can do it too! A beautiful rug! and photo!

V and Co. said...

love the rug and i love the older gals loving you. we have that in common!