Thursday, December 18, 2008
I Need a Job
Okay friends and not-so-friends... I need your help thinking of a job. I don't want a job, but I need a job. I am in the process of trying to get more violin students, but with the poopy economy I'm thinking not a lot of people will be interested. I also only want to work while my kids are at school, which limits how many students are willing to do that. I do have a sort-of option at the Rec center, but it makes me laugh to think of it... they need lifeguards. My boss thinks I could pass, but he's never seen my swimming skills. Heehehehhhehhe... skills. Hoohooohoooo. Ahem. Anyway. Maybe I could squeak by and be a lifeguard. I've also thought of waitressing, teaching music group classes to homeschooled kids, working at the (gag) school, working as an un-degreed and unqualified music therapist at the old folks home (If I could get them to pay me for it). I really don't want to work for hardly any pay and work hours that somebody makes me. I've been my own boss for far too long. Does anyone else have any ideas? Something with music that could pay a lot? Something that just plain old pays a lot?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Have you thought about starting a rock band? Rock stars make a lot of money. And it doesn't really look like they do a whole lot. That's the best idea I can come up with.
-Jake
Good luck, if I knew what that job was I would have already started doing it myself. But just so you know...a little money is better than no money...even when the job stinks bad. Hope things get better and you find that awesome job you are looking for, heaven knows I haven't yet.
BTW isn't my husband dang funny?
Jake, I don't know why I didn't think of that! I love the idea! I'm going to go buy me some leather pants today!
Hannah, yes.
I'm not sure if this one is available...but Char used to work for/with Shanda doing contract work for Mary Kay consultants. She designed simple websites, fliers, and mailed newsletters (monthly), etc. It's something you could do at home and work your own hours, though it may take a bit of work to get clients. If you're interested in finding out more about what she does (or did?), you could link to shanda's blog through mine (she's having surgery tomorrow, though, so she may not get back to you right away). Char might be able to tell you more about it also.
I will pay you a dollar to shovel my driveway every time it snows. And you can sing while you do it, to use your musical skills.
Photography...
And it seems you already have good beginnings there...
right??
I think you should just go find a corner and start playing the violin. Maybe people will throw in there loose change....atleast take a chance....ha
jet blue is hiring and you work from home and get to fly for free
bus drivers rock (lol) and i'm sure that your school district needs them as much as ours...and believe it or not it's kind of fun!
Post a Comment