Friday, November 07, 2008

Grumble Halloween Grumble Grumble

I hate Halloween. Sorry to all of you Halloween lovers out there.... but, since my kids are cute, I thought I'd show you their costumes. Cooper wore Tanner's football outfit... Sorry, Tanner, I know you were probably planning on wearing it! ;)
Here's our 80's girl. How is it that I'm old enough that people are dressing up in the era I grew up in? I told Aubrey that she could go to my jr. high with me looking exactly like this, and people would say she looked cute! I'm just sad that she can't own a pair of rad jeans like I was proud to own... They had a zipper that went up the back at the ankle with a bow at the top of the zipper. I had to unzip them to get them over my feet, because they were so awesomely tight at the bottom!
You're probably wondering why there are no pictures of Tyler... just imagine a black flowy costume with a scary mask. That's it. Ugly scary thing. I didn't take any pictures, because he got ready later, but you really couldn't tell it was him anyway.
I dressed up as a voter. Complete with a sticker on my chest. Brandon dressed up as an employee of R & H, complete with a polo with R & H embroidered on his chest. We go all out, I know!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

i don't know if it's cause we're related or what, but i hate it too. and when i let that little secret about me sneak out, people are truly appalled. it's just one more thing that contributes to the fact that i'm not as fun as the next gal. (by the way...i do appreciate the fact that it is fun for the kids. so i'm supportive of that.) by the way, the kids look cute and the costumes are great.

Brenda said...

You just don't have a picture of Tyler because he is your least favorite kid. Don't worry, I won't tell him. I'm so behind on blogging and picturing and stuff.

Amy said...

Your kids costumes are great. It is funny that what we used to wear are now considered costumes. And I am sorry you hate Halloween, but now it is over and you have Thanksgiving to look forward to!

nikib4kids said...

Those two sure look cute! Sierra sure misses Aubrey! She has no one right next to her to pal around with anymore! We sure miss you guys!

Mindy said...

Lisa, I guess we'll be un-fun girls together. I agree--I'll go along with it for the kids.

Brenda, get busy with your blog, you lazy girl!

Amy, I am glad it's over. I'm so horrible, aren't I?

Niki, we miss you too!

Janice {Run Far} said...

I am not a Halween lover either, but Aubrey looked great.

The Oylers said...

I love it, Cooper totally reminds me of tanner at that age and some girls from our ward just had an 80s party and it was so fun to dress up that way...the good times.

Marci said...

i totally had jeans like that with the zipper and bow! i was the official pegger of all jeans for my friends...i could make em tighter than anyone! i know what you mean...mady and her friends dressed up like 80's girls for a dance last year. i remember dressing up like the 50's girls and wearing my mom's clothes...now i know how she felt! cute kids and i like the hell frozen over picture...clever girl.