Wednesday, November 12, 2008
For Jake
My mean brother in law, Jake told me that I'm the boring one in my family, not the rest of them. Well, all I have to say to Jake is that if he didn't have three of the cutest girls in the universe, I wouldn't even LOOK at his blog. (Jake, I miss you... when are you guys moving back?)
Cooper is one amazing kid. He's 7 1/2 and he is barely getting his 6 year molars. He's only lost two teeth. This has to be some sort of special talent... hanging on to baby teeth. I went on a field trip with Cooper's class and saw for myself that he's like the most popular kid in school. Especially with the ladies... Funny story... last year a little girl came up to me and told me that she had a crush on Cooper, and thought he was cute. She went on and on about him, and I'm like, You're in 1st grade! Cool it a little, will ya? I'm going to be beating them off with a stick.
Tyler is turning 11 this month. How on earth did THAT happen? He's finished all of his requirements for Webelos and his Arrow of Light. He loves Scouts... which makes me ask again... how on earth did THAT happen? ;) I took him to the orthopaedic surgeon for a check up on his leg that he broke, and everything is fine. (Except the cost of the lamest dr. appt. I've ever been to... I could've done the check up myself.... he looked at both knees for about 5 seconds, had him walk (Tyler stumbled a few steps because his pant leg was still up... the dr. said fine and went on) then asked me if he seemed okay at home. That's it. Seriously.)
Aubrey is doing awesome with Swim Team. She goes three times a week, and will be moving up a group next week. We do need to get her a new swimsuit though... three times a week is rough on a suit. She's getting taller every day, and I know one of these days I'll wake up and she'll have passed me up. She is getting all A's in school, which isn't unusual. She's a smarty pants. She also just got called to be Beehive President.
Last but not least... the sexiest man in the universe. Here he is dressed for church... ha! Of course, dressed for hunting. He's had a good time hunting the last month or so, although he has only been able to go a few times. I wish he could have a lot more free time to do what he wants. He works insane hours, and then is on call all of the time on top of that. When he mentioned that he would like to have Thanksgiving off, and maybe a weekend every once in awhile his boss told him to just be glad he has a job, since people are getting laid off in other parts of the country. I say, they should just be glad they have an employee since they've hired five guys since Brandon and every one of them quit because of the insane hours. Brandon's just the most awesome guy in the world, and I think every business should see that and pay him a billion dollars. If only I ran the world....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Hey,so I have to admit, I have been stalking you blog forever. I finally found your email an facebook and invited you to ours. check it out. Your family is so cute. I wish you were at girls night out too. You will just have to come visit us all.
What does your husband do??? I am sorry he has crappy hours. This was a cute post of your family!
You have such a cute family. Are you guys going to be here for Thanksgiving? We are:( If you are and you don't have family coming we should get together to play some games, Wii, or whatever. I told Aubrey last night that I would be her Aunt Sha since neither of us has family here.:)
if you're boring, then I'm like watching paint dry. You are hilarious and a smarty pants yourself, missy!
That husband of mine is going to get me in trouble...you are all very intersting, cute and smart and funny and crazy and haha...love you and i miss you all so much.
THis is the best day of my life!
I love and miss you guys too...it make things better for all of us.
-Jake
And now it just became the worst day of my life because I just humilated myself in front of your millions of blog readers...my last post was supposed to say, "you should move to Texas, it would make it better for all of us."
I guess that is what happens when you get distracted while blog reading.
You are so cute! I want to be a part of your family! We are doing a girls night for twillight do you want to come?
Kim, thanks for the blog invite! Amy, my husband sells stuff to the oil rigs out here... everything from parts for the rigs to coffee makers to bedding. If they have an "emergency" and need a part in the middle of the night, or on weekends, or on holidays, he's on call. Sha, we'd love you to be our kids' Aunt Sha! If we have thanksgiving here, we're totally doing stuff with you! Annalee, YOU are hilarious! Hannah, I'll never hold anything Jake does against you if you'll do the same for me with Brandon. ;) Jake, I'm so glad I could be the cause of the best and worst day of your life. And I totally have millions of blog readers. I'll get back to you about moving to Texas... Tari, let me know when... I'd love to hang out with the girls!
Mindy,
Enjoyed the comments about your family. Sorry I haven't made comments sooner. I finally found out how to sign on again. Computers are going to drive your mom and me crazy.
Dad
Mindy!
I have to admit I stalk your blog, too. :) I have it on bloglines, and I love to read your posts!! You are so not boring, and I love to be updated on you and your family. You have totally inspired me to start one for my family now that I am not working all the time. Your kids are so big, when did we get old?
Btw in case I never told you before, and you really do think I'm a stalker, (lol) this is Christine! AND Brother Howell in case YOU read this, your post cracked me up! I miss you and love you both.
Ok shutting up now! :)
such a beautiful family. where were you in any of these photos? you belong there. :)
Post a Comment