As most of you who read my blog know, it was General Conference this past weekend... and I have to say that it was exactly what I needed. I've been so entrenched in this political stuff, and feeling more and more stressed and despairing. There is nothing like Conference to bring a sense of peace, hope, and love into my life. I love that my Heavenly Father knows me and can give me insight into my life and dilemmas through His prophet and apostles. We were also blessed to have Brandon's parents spend the weekend with us. We had a wonderful time, and I learned so much from them this weekend, too! I feel as if I have been filled to overflowing, and I am so grateful for all that I have.
Just in case you missed conference, or you can't remember, here is MY conference, in a nutshell:
LAUGHTER instead of anger... Simplify... I don't have to know everything, I just need to know enough... Christ is there for ME... Atonement is for trials too... No Revenge, be Anchored in Revelation... Look at YOURSELF first... Find JOY in the journey NOW... Harmony... make pleasant memories for the future... make the most of Today... Welcome to our Homes and Hearts our Savior... See the truth you share, not the differences... LINK Morning and Evening Prayer... SHOW LOVE... Unity... Return to Virtue... Come What May and Learn to Love it... don't overreact... Spiritually Strong... speak generously of others... No Contention... Is it I? ... The will to win means nothing without the will to PREPARE... listen...
8 comments:
I loved your take of Conference in a nutshell. Everything about Conference was perfect and greatly needed and felt. We are so blessed!
I am glad you gave me conference in a nutshell, between traveling and kids I really didn't get to listen to it at all. I am looking forward to reading them. It sounds like a great conference!
Thanks Mindy. I missed most of Conference (given the circumstances, you know) so it's nice to get a brief little re-cap!
It wasn't for you it was totally for me. I LOVED CONFERENCE! Anyway, I didn't know if you had done the quirk tag but you do them so I put you on there!!! Yep, it was you.
I love your summaries! That is such a good idea-- I needed your summaries. Perfect little gems of truth. thank you...
Conference was amazing wasn't it? It always is though. I love you.
Glad you had a nice weekend. We missed you at the baby shower! :)
You did a great job summing that all up...You should print all that out and hang it up as a beautiful reminder...I might. :)
Post a Comment