Whew, well that was fun! Now let's see your hidden eyesores!
Thursday, October 09, 2008
10 Things I Hate about My House
I thought it was only fair to show this side of my house, too! Plus, I think it's interesting, and somewhat funny (you have to laugh, or you might cry!) I hereby declare this a tag too, so go take pictures of the 10 things you hate too!
1. My kitchen floor... the beautiful "marble" stick-on tiles that are worn out in traffic areas and trap grit in between them.
2. Do I even have to say anything? It's been a slow drainer ever since we moved in, and it finally just stopped draining all together. It's been out of commission entirely for a couple of weeks... with no end in sight.
3. The ceiling saga is not resolved.
4. The miniature steam torture chamber.
5. Living on a busy road... the traffic noise is irritating.
6. The houses so close to us... the neighbors are nice, but...
7. The fake rock stuff around the wood-burning stove. It's an eyesore, and I stub my toe on it all the time.
8. The cheesy "stained glass window". Luckily my blinds cover it.
9. Now, I know that this is ridiculous to have here... it was going to be something I changed the very first week, but as you can see, I haven't yet. It's not even a hard thing to fix, yet it continues to plague me every time I flip the switch in the kitchen.
10. The overabundance of black around the window in the kitchen. Too dark.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Clever idea! I'll have to do it sometime. :)
Ha! I love the cat light switch. Funny that something so easy stays soo long. I have a few of those in my house. Not cat light switches, but things I could change easy enough!
after seeing all your loves i was a little jealous of your house... but is it bad to say i'm glad you have your 'hates' too??? ps- that fo-rock can be fixed EASY! i did my fo-brick behind my fireplace... painted and glazed it. ps- love the porch!!!
okay... love the photo shoot photos. love the school photos.
i LOVE LOVE LOVE everything that you love about your house. and the things you hate... a few of them were, in fact, strange... but i like the stained glass window.
that house has SO much character.
the floor in the kitchen? what?
I had no idea you have houses close to you! Your pics have always made it look like you had 5 acres to run and play! And busy street?? I thought you were far out in the country.
You've hid your hates well! :)
what a fun post idea. some of those features are very strange. your house is so cute. isn't red great? good job not forking over $ for stupid waste pictures. i adored your posting about conference. thanks for doing that. what a wonderful, wonderful weekend.
How fun! I'm going to have to try this too!
Post a Comment