Friday, August 01, 2008

Random Schmandom


I discovered something just the other day that I really should have discovered long ago. You can cut off the tags on the cord of your blow dryer. Gasp! I know! Insane! I was trying to fold the cord all up and put the holder around it, and they were getting in my way. All of a sudden I realized that I DIDN'T need the reminder anymore not to use it in the bathtub!

The local Baptist church put on a community event the last few days called "Son-Shine in the Park". We went to the free hamburger and hotdog dinner, and the kids played games for prizes. They had fun, and Cooper got a huge collection of plastic snakes.

I played my violin for a wedding today, and made $100 for about 40 minutes of actual playing, and watching a wedding. The bride's dress was very unique and beautiful. It had red satin trim, and a buttoned up red section down the back and train. It's hard to explain, but it was beautiful. I'm hoping we get some more of these wedding gigs.

Brandon has been working about 12 hours every day, and then spending some nights on the phone ALL through the night. I feel bad for me, but even worse for him. Why can't we just be billionaires and not have to worry about any of this silly stuff?

The kids and I went to the Rec Center for the Library Swim Party yesterday. It felt like I was there ALL DAY. The kids had a lot of fun though. The best part was that they served Aggie ice cream for a treat! I love Aggie ice cream! I haven't had it in so long!
The Rec Center just called and asked me to teach a toning class there. So, I said yes. Why not? It makes me go and exercise.

I think that's all I have to say. Oh, except that I'm eating a mint creamie. Mmmm... delicious!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

This is all very well and good.

Rebecca Adams said...

Haha...you're funny Mindy! (speaking of the paragraph about the blow dryer). Sounds like you've had lots of things to do lately! Life isn't life unless you're busy, right?

Jason said...

I've seen wedding dresses like the one you're talking about. They're all the rage right now I think. That's cool you made some money playing your violin. Too bad it's so hard to make steady money doing stuff that you like, eh?

Marci said...

holy crap girlie you've been busy, busy, busy. you are getting a lot of culture out there in vernal, who knew?
sorry brandon is working so much...it's hard because it's hard on you too but then you can't complain because you know it's not their fault and they have to do it and probably don't like it anymore than you do:(.
that's so fun that you got to play your violin. mady plays the violin and i love to hear it..so pretty.