Monday, August 25, 2008

Howell Family Camping and Rafting Reunion

This past weekend my family got together for a fun-filled reunion. Like Brenda, I decided I didn't need to take pictures because Jason was doing such a great job. So, I might get more pictures on here later. Brenda and Ethan... all of the kids were so cute, and seemed to have plenty of fun. Ethan liked our camper screen door, and played with little else. As you can see, my dad is great at carrying wood, and doing whatever else you ask him to. He's a great dad!
My cute mom. And someone's bum. I think it's Jason's.
On the left is "my guy". My cute niece, Olivia, asked "Do you want me to spy on 'your guy' for you?" I thought it was hilarious.
Tyler had to be tied to a tree by Jason, because he was a pain in the bum. Notice all of the kids gathered around. Who would miss a good tree-tying?
I love it when I take a picture of someone and she makes a cute face, instead of hiding! This is Shannon, Adam's friend. It was fun to have her there with us! Aubrey thinks she's the greatest, because she loves Anne of Green Gables and Jane Austen. Ah, a girl after our own heart! Adam's alright too.

Some people say that Jason and I look alike. I can't see it. Not at all. Please tell me you see no resemblance either!!

My boys... I love 'em!
Me and my girl. We got all ready for a big hike to the Firefighter's Memorial outlook, and it ended up being about a 30 second walk. At least our feet were comfy! Oh, and we didn't try to match... it just happened!
More sitting around... we definitely didn't get enough of the just sitting around. I could've used another day or two of that! I don't have any pictures of Geoff and family, because they came late, and I didn't get my camera out again. I know, I'm lazy!!
We also rafted down the river, which provided plenty of adventure and laughs. Jason and Brenda decided to jump in together, (the water was COLD) and it was one of the funniest things ever. Jason can scream like a girl, let me tell you! He was begging us to get him back in, but I was holding a sleeping Ethan, and Brandon for some reason had to move verrrry slowly. ;) Brenda was scurrying around, hanging on to the outside of the boat, desperately trying to find a way back in. That was our funniest moment, until Brandon, who said he wasn't going to get all the way in the river, did an unintentional backflip off the end of the raft. We hit a rock, and everyone flew up. Unfortunately for Brandon, he ended up outside of the boat. It was really funny... after I made sure that he was okay, and didn't hit his head on a rock.
Jason stayed over at our house Saturday night, with his girls and Kaitlyn. It was way too short, but lots of fun. Who wouldn't love going to Wingers and listening to NASCAR at full volume the whole time? ;) Thanks for staying Jas.
I can't believe that we actually pulled this off, but I am so glad! It was so much fun to be with everyone, and worth all of the effort.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like a great Howell reunion. So fun that everyone was there!

Jason said...

That one picture is my bum. It looks like Mom is getting ready to spank me. And just to clarify, the NASCAR at Wingers was not my choice. The dudes next to us seemed pretty into it, so it was probably them that requested it. I'm not much of a fan of watching cars drive around in a circle.

Brenda said...

Good pictures. Jason secretly likes Nascar. It's his favorite sport.

Shannon said...

Mindy! I hope you don't mind that I found your blog through Adam's, but I just want to say THANK YOU for all you did to make the camping trip so wonderful. Thank you for all your planning and for being so kind and welcoming of me. I am so impressed with you and the glow you have in your countenance. It was such a blessing for me to associate with you and your family.

I have a few pictures from the trip (mainly the river part) that you might enjoy. If you'd like me to send you a copy, just let me know! My email is: un.sacco.di.bene@gmail.com.

Thanks again! Tell Aubrey hello for me!

Lisa said...

i'm very impressed that you took this on and that it actually happened. things like this are so important to a family. way to go! it sounds like you had lots of fun.