
I swear, we have the worst luck with houses! Septic tank problems! Rocks! Shingles blowing off! Now we have... sewer problems! Ice! Roof falling apart!

Yes, that is our ceiling. Lovely, isn't it? There has been so much snow, that our roof had a huge layer of ice on it. Since it's been slightly warmer, that ice is melting underneath, and has nowhere to go... but in. So we've got lovely leaks all over, and this happened in our living room.

That's our chunk of ceiling... on the floor. Brandon spent 4 hours last night on the roof with a sledgehammer. I thought
I was going to have heart attack just watching him! He's standing on our steep roof, on ice, with this heavy sledgehammer, lifting it over his head and breaking the ice. Every time I heard something fall, I was sure it was Brandon.

Another view... just for fun. So, we're going to have a roof replacing party this summer, if anyone wants to come! It'll be fun!!!
11 comments:
I am so sorry. :0(
Weather can make us so happy or so unhappy. And it's usually one or the other. Not much in the middle ground.
By the way, we sure miss you around here.
April
Oh Man!! That seriously sucks! I think I would have had to leave the house entirely until Travis was off the roof!! Well maybe not cause he'd need someone to drive him to the ER if he did fall!!! Good Luck!!!
So sorry about the mess you've got. We've had bad luck too, when moving into a new house. This house had three floods within two weeks of moving in. Knock on wood, it's better now. Good luck!
oh man, you just made my day seem a lot easier! sorry!
So sorry your house has a little too much "character". Oh the charms of elderly houses.
You inherited the bad luck gene. Like Mom and Dad with cars, only you got it with houses.
Sorry if you need a place to stay our house hasn't blown down yet...
wow. mindy. have you seen 'money pit'? kidding. i hope it will be the last of your problems. at least your house is flippin' adorable!
SHUCKS! Don't you just love being the owner of an old house?
Within the first week of living in our house, we had to replace all of the kitchen plumbing. It was leaking and flooded the basement laundry room.
Have heart, you are in good company!
Love ya,
Christine
I'd like to come to your roof replacing party.
This is not comforting hearing all of the things that can go wrong right after buying a house considering Geoff and I are working on buying our first home. I will come help too, I helped put up and shingle the roof on my parents home and on a shed and on my mom's photo studio so I have experience. Geoff can help too because he is a man. And for trade if we do get our new house you can come help us move in. j/k we will help for free
Felicia
Post a Comment