It was wonderful! Fantastic! Everything I could hope for! I am so glad Brandon found it in the paper, so glad he wanted me to go, and so glad Felicia could come with me! We got a lot of "catching up" done!
It was at Red Canyon Lodge (look it up online... it's amazing!!!). Everything was so beautiful, and the cabins were so big and nice, and everyone was nice, and I learned some stuff, and got a lot done, and ate waaaaay too much delicious food, and thoroughly enjoyed myself!

This is the cabin we stayed in. I didn't even know we were staying in cabins, so I was pleasantly surprised!

Sorry pictures are out of order... just deal with it! This is the wall hanging Felicia worked on part of the time (in addition to making a lap quilt for her grandparents). Isn't it sooooo cute?! (It's not finished here, by the way. The chickens will have legs, and it has more borders, and stuff like that.)

This is the bedroom in the cabin. Huge, cheery, comfy!

The living room in the cabin. There was also a little table to the right of this picture.

The view from our front porch. So beautiful, and still, and peaceful!

Another view from our porch.

This is what I worked on most of the time. It's Brenda's quilt top. The stars were very time consuming, but I learned some stuff. I am so pleased with how it is turning out! I also worked on something else, but I can't say yet... I'll have to post a picture of it later.

The group! It was a small group, but perfect size for the room we worked in, and it was nice to be able to get to know everyone! From left to right... Peggy, me :), Ruth, Toni, Cathi, Felicia, and Jodi seated in the front.

The "loft" at the Lodge where we sewed and sewed and sewed and ironed and cut all day!

Mine and Felicia's table. We were right by this gorgeous big window with a view. It was so pleasant and cheery! I'm getting one of those mini irons like Felicia's here in the picture... it was great!

Our window...

Some more of the scenery.

The pathway to our cabin.

The kitchenette in the cabin, and the cute little stove.
I fell in love with this place! I am definitely going back, and taking my family! I would definitely go on another Quilting Retreat too!
9 comments:
That looks so relaxing! HOw fun for you to go! I know I never saw you anyway but I miss you, I miss knowing that you were closer rather than far away!
erin
That looks so relaxing! HOw fun for you to go! I know I never saw you anyway but I miss you, I miss knowing that you were closer rather than far away!
erin
That looks like it was awesome. It's really making me want to go to that women's retreat I told you about. Also, thanks so much for taking time to work on my quilt. It looks great!
I am so jealous!! How fun!! I did get a quilting group going for RS. It's been fun. And I got a sewing machine for Christmas so now I can get going on all those quilts I've been dreaming of!
So fun! What a great idea and a PERFECT getaway! I am so glad you got to go!
sorry quick note! you've been tagged! check out my blog for details! i can't wait to actually ready this post!
That looks so fun! Looks very cozy, too!
okay i mean i was pretty sad before i read the post that i couldnt go, but NOW downright depressed! :) just kidding, but still sad, i want to go in about a year and a half from now! that would be perfect timing!
wow... that looks great. i bet you had such a great time. what a neat place.
lucky. :)
Post a Comment