I've helped at Cooper's class in school a few times, and in Tyler's class today. I will be going every week. The great thing is that these kids LOVE me! I walk into the classroom, and they say "Cooper's mom is here!!" They all come over and stand by me, and smile at me. Mrs. Carter has to make sure that they all get to come to my "center" activity, or they get upset. The cutest boy in the class even runs up and gives me a hug and a kiss!! (That's Cooper, just in case you're wondering.) When I leave, they all wave at me. Anyway, it makes me feel pretty special. I'm glad I get a chance to help in my kids' classrooms. Thanks, Jason, for inspiring me! (My brother, Jason, helps in his daughter, Olivia's classroom every week... do you help in Ashley's too, Jas?)
7 comments:
it's so great to help in the kids classrooms...and it will only last so long. i don't think our pre-teens or teenagers are going to be asking us to volunteer any time soon. so way to go. i really enjoyed your sunday thoughts. thank you for that testimony. i needed some spiritual uplift today.
Yeah, I help in Ashley's class too. I don't quite get the reception that you get though. Pfft. A few of them smile at me, but that's it. That's ok though. I don't need as much attention as you do.
I hope I can leave such an impression on my kids that I am catapulted to rock stardom when I go to their school someday! WOW! What an awesome HONOR!! :)
Jason, it might be because we're in Vernal... I mean, anything is exciting in Vernal!
I can't wait to help allston in school. Felicia
yeah, i volunteer in nate's and ryan's class, i missed two weeks in a row, and then i went back the third week, and the kids were like "how come you didnt come for sooo long!" I do have to say i feel pretty special, even if it means that i'm "popular" in a 2nd grade class! wish i was popular the first time when i WAS In 2nd grade but i guess i'll take it now!
wow... you are the popular one at school. :)
i bet cooper is popular because he has 'the cool mom'.
sounds like fun.
Post a Comment