Sunday, February 03, 2008

Home SWEET Home!

It is SO good to be back home! It was fun to spend time with Brandon in Vegas, and we did some fun things, but Vegas is not my kind of city. It's just too much! Too much smell, too much extravagance, too much noise, too much flashing, too much flesh... give me a small town any day! I did get to ride on the roller coaster at New York New York, which was fun. We also got to take a taxi twice. I don't like that. I hate watching the money meter go up so fast. It makes me sick. I got to try sushi for the first time, and it was delicious! I got to listen to the people in the next room have a huge fight about inheriting inconsiderate genes and so on. I got to walk around until I thought my legs would fall off at the World Market Center and the Surfaces Show at the Sands Expo. These were huge shows where a million different companies have their flooring stuff, and furniture, lights, accessories, etc. etc. etc. It was fun to look, but after awhile it all starts looking the same. I got to ride on the "Deuce", which is the double decker bus that drives up and down the strip. I got to go in the Miracle Mile Shops, which is a mall in Planet Hollywood. I think it really is a mile long. I got to see a quite large lady fall on the lap of a little old asian lady on the bus. It wasn't funny, but it kind of was. I admit, I laughed silently. Of all the people's laps she could fall on... I got to hear two little boys argue in Russian. I decided it would be okay if my kids argued, if it was always in Russian. It was amusing. I got to eat a lot of good food, and I got to go without food for long periods of time. One morning Brandon asked if I was hungry. I wasn't really, so we didn't worry about it. Then 5 hours later when I said I was hungry, he said, "I asked you if you were hungry, and you said you weren't." I had to remind him that it had been 5 hours. We got a good laugh over that one. I got to go to the Outlet Mall, and the Fashion Show Mall. I got to see a fashion show. At the Fashion Show mall they have a runway and a stage that rise up out of the floor, and then they have a fashion show. When it's over, it all goes back underground. It was fun critiquing the models' runway walks. One wasn't "fierce" enough, and another had too much "bounce". (If you watch America's Next Top Model, you'll laugh at those.) So, I think that's most of what we did. It was fun to spend so much time with Brandon, but it was even better to get home with Brandon and our kids. Oh, and thanks, Mom and Dad for watching them!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Vegas Geoff and I went there last year for our anniversary.I loved the roller coaster at new york new york and the m & m factory i fun too. I am glad you had fun sorry Geoff and I couldn't help with the kids.
-Belicia

Lisa said...

so yeah. i hate vegas too. sure, there are some fun things. just too much crap mixed in. you sure did a lot...holy cow! it sounds like you made the most of your trip. welcome home.

Brenda said...

I never liked Vegas when I went there with my kids, but I enjoyed it a lot when it was just Troy and I. I'm glad you got to get away, just the two of you. That's always nice.

Karey said...

Sounds like a busy and fun trip. We've had a couple of fun trips to Vegas, but for the most part, I don't really like going there--and the drive home always feels like its about 20 hours.

Glad you're back.

Vicki said...

I don't really like Vegas, either... at least the strip and near the strip. Too many people and too much going on! When I was on my mission, my area was southwest Vegas and going north on a road, I could see the lights of the strip in the distance. I didn't mind that so much, but when I went back to visit with my family after my mission and we went to the strip, it wasn't my favorite place to be. I'm glad you had a good birthday and that you did lots of things while you were there, though!

Dallas said...

I feel the same way about Vegas. I almost starting crying on the New York roller coaster. It wasn't a fun experience for me.

Leslie said...

how fun to go away with your hubby.
i did recognize those critiques from ANTM. :) i am glad i am not the only nerd who watches that show.
glad you are home safe.

Jason said...

I have some thoughts:

Smell -- I thought for a long time that the smell was sewer smell. I found out later that it is cigars. So, basically, smoking cigars is like smoking a bum (crude thought, I know)

Taxi -- I rode a taxi once. I hate them. The meter thing is torture. If I'm going to be robbed, I don't want to watch the progress.

Sushi -- I like it. I like it a lot.

Russian -- I'd like to learn a good "angry" language, like Russian, German, or Romanian. They just sound mean.

Mindy said...

Nice thoughts, Jason. :) Thanks!