Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A Visit From Elva


Today I had a very nice visit, with a lady who I would like to consider my friend. She's the sweetest, littlest old lady you've ever met. She has a beautiful smile, and she uses it a lot! Her eyes twinkle when she smiles, and she laughs easily, but at the same time seems every bit a lady. Her great grandfather built our house, and she wanted to come see what changes had been made since she last saw it... in the 1930s!


We walked around the house, looking at the different rooms, and she told me how some things used to be, and a story or two. She also reminisced about how February's project was making rag strips, and wrapping them into balls. I have a basket with some fake ones that made her think of it. If they didn't have enough of the right color, they would dye some of the rags in big pots on top of the stove.


She is so sweet, that she even brought big marshmallow popcorn candy canes that she had made for my kids. I really hope that I get to know Elva even better! I'm planning on visiting her at her home sometime soon. She has a clock she wants to show me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for inviting me to Apron Girls. I am already in love with it. It is so cute. Where did you get the apron idea and did you make all those lovely aprons?
I would love to see your house. It looks so old and cute and you have great taste and style.
Merry Christmas

Karey said...

What a nice visit. How neat to learn some of the history of your home. Thanks for inviting me to participate in Apron Girls. It's a cute site and I'm excited to contribute something! Merry Christmas!

Brenda said...

That sounds like a neat visit! Those rag balls are really cute, too! How close does Elva live?

Lisa said...

it sounds like elva really ROCKS!!!! that's really neat. how cool to have a house with so much history.