Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Come on in!

Hello! Welcome to our new old house! I know a lot of you have been waiting for a tour, so walk on up this nicely shoveled pathway, and come on in!
The front porch is going to look so cute when we get it decorated for Christmas, and when I get the types of things I want to decorate my porch with. Hopefully we get our Christmas decorations up soon! Let's go into the family room for a minute! One of the older gentlemen in our ward remembers gathering in this bay window in his youth for firesides. Lots of the old folks here remember the "Alta Rust home" well, and have many memories of it. I'm hoping to pick all their brains and find out as much history as I can.This is the other side of the family room, which I guess you could call the music room! If Tyler were here, he'd play you a song or two on the piano.
Come on over and have a seat on our new love seat! Put your feet up and relax for a moment.Can you believe after 13 years of marriage, Brandon and I finally bought a new sofa and love? I know! I can't believe it either! We've appreciated the hand me downs, but it's really fun to have new furniture too... although the kids are making me nuts! Why must they sit on the arms?Our bedroom is right here, off the family room, so you can peek inside if you'd like. That little outfit hanging on the wall is Cooper's blessing outfit. I hung it up for Holly. You would not believe how well my quilt I made goes with this room! It was made for this room, or this room was made for it! The floors are chocolate brown, and the cupboards are brown, red, and cream. It matches so perfectly! I can't wait to get a headboard... another thing we've been waiting 13 years for...Shall we make our way to the dining room? I love the arched doorways! It's so inviting! I am planning on painting the dining room table and getting more chairs, so it won't always look so lonely.I had to show off my wood floors a little bit. I love the color variance, and the old warmth of the wood. There are some very worn spots, but I'm sure you can look past those, like I do. It just adds to the character!Come on into the kitchen! My batteries on the camera were running low, so I didn't get a lot of pictures of it, but you can get a feel anyway.
It's so hard to photograph this kitchen wall, with the bright window and the black walls. I think you might have to come in person to see it.Look over here at this picture... when I put it on the wall, okay, when Brandon put it on the wall, it almost made me like the fake brick. The colors in it just matched so perfectly, and warmed that wall right up.
Oh, there's Aubrey's room... shall we look inside? Aubrey and I bought some fabric to make a valance. It's a darling old-fashioned cream fabric with pink flowers and brown accents. We're going to make it look like it's held up with ribbon and bows. Aubrey is going to do most of the sewing, so we'll post a picture when we're done.
Over here is Aubrey's armoire and desk. We have furniture in front of that door that goes to the boy's room. (On the boy's side too.) If you don't know why, you don't know my kids!
If you need to use the washroom, there is one conveniently located right off the kitchen! ;) It's such a nice cozy bathroom, really! Just make sure you close the door when you're done...
Or, if you'd rather, you can use the other bathroom that is in the hall on the way to the boy's room. This is the bathroom with the shower and the nice lighting, but no outlets. How very convenient!
The boy's room was not ready for a showing today! Just peek at the mess really quick, and leave! We're going to get new carpet in it, hopefully the end of this week. Then I'll get it all cleaned up and give you a tour.
Well, thanks for stopping by! Come again anytime! We would love some company.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I love your house! I'd like to take a little credit, because I do believe I sent you a link for that house before you ever went looking. ;) One of these days you need to come and help me decorate my house!

Felicia said...

I left a comment yesterday, or at least I thought I did, but it must not have worked. Your house is so cute! I can't believe your all moved in and decorated already. I've been in mine for a year and a half and I'm still "moving in".

My next door neighbors parents both grew up in Vernal, and her husband still has a Grandma there, so she's e-mailing them today to see if they remember the "Alta Rust" home. I'll let you know if they have any memories of your house!

leslie mae said...

Melinda!!! I LOVE IT!!! It's absolutely darling!! Is that really fake brick? Like wallpaper? Darn it!!! That would have been awesome!!! I love it and I'm glad your getting settled in!!

Karey said...

Thanks for the great tour of the house. It looks cute and full of charm. If we get down that way, we'll stop and see it in person.