Sunday, November 22, 2009

This & That, Otherwise Known as Random Thoughts

I'm starting to think that I shouldn't title any of my posts random thoughts... I'm pretty sure all of my posts are random thoughts...

I finally posted a bunch of photos over at the photog blog... I'm still not caught up, with editing or posting, but it'll happen, I'm sure. Once the snow flies, I won't have so many sessions.

I went shopping with Hannah and the girls the other day... it was a lot of fun, and I felt like a rock star. Seriously, if two people are crying if they can't hold your hand, or crying because you're not pushing the cart... you just have to know that you're really really cool. :)

We found a Chevy Tahoe that I want. We test drove it, fell in love, and now I cry every day because it's too expensive. That's what you get when you let yourself look at the nicest, fully loaded, prettiest Tahoe on the lot. One more payment left on our truck and we will be payment free... I just have to enjoy that for awhile, and not think about pretty shiny leather luxury...

How come my boys never listen to me? It's annoying. I just told them for the 500th time to read and be quiet in bed. Guess who's still bumping and giggling?

Aubrey & I went to Best of EFY yesterday. It was excellent. I cried because all of my yw couldn't/wouldn't come... if I could force them, I would. There's always that dang agency getting in the way though...

I can be the worst procrastinator in the entire world. I committed to sewing 10 colored pencil holders for children in Uganda, which need to be sent before Thanksgiving... guess who hasn't even started yet? Guess who also needs to edit a photo session and clean the entire house and teach 2 classes at the gym and pack before Wednesday morning? Yes, I'm a bit nutty. Okay, maybe more than a bit.

I'm getting annoyingly excited about the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay that I'm running with 11 people I love... I say annoyingly because my dad is the only one who enjoys endlessly discussing it with me, it's 7 months away, and I'm already giddy about it. What could be more fun than running 188 miles up and down hills with 11 other really cool people? Plus, I get to run it with my very best friend, Brandon, I get to see my first running partner and friend Annette, who I haven't seen for 2 years, and I get to introduce her to my current "running buddy", Martha, and so many other people I'm excited about. Okay, really... I'll be quiet about it. It's going to be hard, but I'll not to talk about it all the time until at least April.

There are so many other things I could write about, but I'm pretty sure everyone has stopped reading by now... I'll let my random thoughts rest. :)



7 comments:

Rebecca Adams said...

I read the whole thing! Hooray! Who all is running the Relay with you? I think that would be fun, but I don't know anybody who I could team up with. Oh well. I have so many dreams of running marathons and such. I'm sure none of them are going to come true. At least I ran a 5K this past summer (and hopefully I'll at least do more of those in the future). :)

Anonymous said...

Is that your daughter because she is darling!

I know what you mean about not having a car payment. I can hardly wait for that : )

Tari said...

So I met this girl Deb at the swim meet on Sat. Her son is Austin's age any ways she was talking about running that same run. She's from Vernal and you two should meet.

Ken - Tam said...

I enjoy your random thoughts.

Dad

Charlotte said...

Jon's boss invited me to run the sawtooth relay with her (very similar to the wasatch) but it's the weekend before my marathon so I don't know if I'm gonna do it. Sounds like a blast though. Maybe one of these years we could do a relay together.

katers said...

Random thoughts are my favorite kind of posts!

Marci said...

i read every word! randomness is the most real of all posts....aren't we all random? it's the most like talking to you in real life.;D
you are my hero with that running stuff...you really are a rock star!