Wednesday, October 28, 2009

In Case You Missed Me... Random Thoughts

It's good to be home.... not good to be surrounded by a mess and unpacking and a gritty floor, but good to be home.

I sat around in my sweats all day. I did some cleaning, but you wouldn't know it by looking. I caught up on my blogs and emails... hello, 5 days worth of stuff! I updated my photography blog and changed the layout... go look and tell me what you think, okay? I read a little, and I took a nap. Yes, I took a nap. I figured I deserved one after getting home at 1:00 a.m. after driving through a freaking scary blizzard last night.

I really enjoyed the photography convention... I met so many great, friendly, accepting, helpful people, and learned a lot of stuff. The biggest thing I learned is how grateful I am that photography can be something I do because I love it, and not something I do because I need the money, or need to support a family. Don't get me wrong, I love making money from doing something I love, but there were a few times at the convention I wondered if this business was more than a "get them in and out as fast as you can, and get as much money as possible out of them" type of business for some of these photographers.

The New Era liked my photo, but couldn't use it because of the shorts. Aubrey and I are going to reshoot it soon with pants and send it in again.

I HAVE to start eating better. Unless it's okay to eat cake for breakfast, cookies for lunch, and caramel rolls for a snack??

I think laundry is my nemesis... there just to make my life miserable... sometimes letting me think that I'm caught up, but then throwing up all over just to remind me that it's never that easy...

Brandon is going to go to a 4 day on, 4 day off schedule at work, at least for awhile. I am so excited! This has been a long road, but I can see the prospect of having a husband and my kids having a dad again. Yay! We won't see him much on those 4 days on, but the 4 days off will make up for it. That way he can spend a whole day sleeping and we still get to see him for 3 days. (When you get 3-4 hours of sleep a night, you've got to catch up somewhere!) Plus, insurance is going to kick in the first of November. We've been without health insurance for YEARS. We have been blessed to be very healthy though... a couple of broken bones happened, and we're still paying for them, but it could've been a lot worse. (Broken bones are expensive with insurance too... we experienced that with Aubrey.)

Speaking of healthy... we've miraculously escaped the dreaded swine flu so far (knock on wood!!!) I don't know how, since the kids have been exposed at school, and Brandon has been exposed at work... it must be those super healthy meals we eat. Snort. ;)

That blizzard was awful last night... you know, the kind where you can't see the road and you just hope and pray you don't drive off of it? Awful. Thank goodness my mom was praying for me, Brandon was praying for me, and I was praying for me. I seriously considered pulling over to wait it out, but I couldn't see the road enough to know where a turnoff would be. Ah, winter... are we ready for it?

Well, enough of the chit chat. I'm going to go attempt to clean my house.

8 comments:

Becky said...

I am happy you are well and that you enjoyed the photo convention. Awesome that they liked the pic and that you are going to reshoot it. Its a beautiful pic!! You are a beautiful woman. . .don't forget.

girlsmama said...

Glad you are home safe! I can't believe you drove home in that storm. It was a doozy.

It was fun to hang out with you for a bit!

Felicia H. said...

Im glad you had fun and are home safe

Annalee Kelly said...

welcome home, charlie brown!

Rachel Holloway said...

totally missed you and am glad you are back! :)

LOVE the new header! SO CUTE!

katers said...

Mindy, I noticed the changes on your photography blog and I love it. It looks great! By the way.....did you hear what a great job Tyler did in the primary program?

Annalee Kelly said...

so I'm glad you are back, because you're the only friend that comments on my FREAKING BLOG! :)

Amy said...

I am glad your back and safe. And I loved reading this post.