Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Back to SCHOOL Baby!!

Yes, today was the first day back to school for my kids. Since they all like school, I don't have to feel guilty about liking them going to school, right? I can't say it better than one my bestest friends, Felicia ... "The only crying I did was yesterday, when I thought that I might not survive the final 18 hours of summer break without self-destructing. If I never hear the words, "Mom, I'm hungry" again, it will be too soon."

Aubrey didn't have a great day today, but everything will be fine and dandy. (As long as she can get Photography next semester...)

Tyler had his first day in middle school... yup, the whole locker thing, going to different classes thing, no recess thing... he's excited. See, if there's no recess, there's less chance of getting in trouble! ;)

Cooper had an awesome day... he loves his new teachers (he has one in the morning and a different one in the afternoon), he gets a big kid desk, he has friends in his class, and all is right with the world.


And me? My house looks like nothing got accomplished, but I did stuff... made business cards, learned how to download free fonts (thanks Charlotte, my photoshop guru!!), learned how to do stuff for the apron girls blog (thanks V, my blogging as a business expert!!), folded mountains of laundry, washed the car, and did a photoshoot this evening... oh, I have SO many plans! Thank goodness school is back in session!

7 comments:

The Oylers said...

So cute , all of them. They just look all grown up. I know you may not have been too sad about them being back in school today, but I was and so were my girls. Sounds like you got a lot done today. oh and I need copies of those pics of our family from this summer.

tracy said...

I cannot imagine what life would be like if I had a whole day...or at least 6 hours to myself! My life is always so full of children that I just can't picture it.

Did you get my email last week about violins and violin teachers?

All of your children look great and so so old! Little Cooper is so grown up! I remember when he was a baby and went to a babysitter during Blythe's lessons - my that was an eternity ago! I think Fall of 2001?

Amy said...

Love the back to school shots! And the fonts! I am very jealous that your kids are in school. I cannot wait until that time. Having 5 at home leaves me little time for anything...

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

Such good looking kids. I actually miss the excitement of getting ready for a new school year-ya know, buying all the school supplies and clothes. I am a bit of a nerd though.;) HOpe is gets better for Aubrey and hoping all goes well for the boys. Didn't know you didn't know about the free fonts. Should have asked me. love ya!

Rachel Holloway said...

In my defense (as far as back to school goes) my first was going for the FIRST time. :) It brought on some tears...

:)

What great back to school shots! Tried to call you today. Couldn't get a hold of you. So life goes...right?

Vicki said...

Very nice pictures and I love the lettering you put on them! :-)

Candace said...

Your kids are so stinkin cute!!!! Starting a new school year is so exciting when you're their age! I'm glad to hear that at least two out of three had a great first day. :)