My hilarious best friend Amy (I know, I know! Just let me have my imaginary best friends, okay?) does these writing prompts on her blog, and tells her readers to do it too. And, if Amy says I should do something, then I pretty much have to... except for last week's prompt, because let's face it, I'll never ever ever be nearly as funny as Amy and I was intimidated. But I'm ignoring those same feelings this week, because, as I said, I'll never ever ever be nearly as funny as Amy, but that shouldn't stop me from writing, right? So... here's the prompt:
The writing prompt for this week is: What made you say it? Tell a story (maybe of the first time it happened, maybe not) about a time you said 'I love you' to someone who wasn't a member of your family. Or write about someone you wish you'd said (or never said) 'I love you' to.
My second year of college I happened to meet this amazing guy that I fell for fast and hard. Even my parents knew that something was up with this guy, because I'd get a little bit starry-eyed (or maybe starry-voiced, since I usually just talked to them on the phone) every time I mentioned him.
Not long into our relationship, he said those magical three words to me... I love you... What I should have said back is, "I love you, too! And you're amazing! And I love every minute I'm with you! And I want to marry you and have your babies!" Instead, I looked at him, smiled a half smile and said....... NOTHING! I know, that would be enough to just about kill any relationship right there. How stupid he must have felt, and how stupid I DID feel. I just didn't throw "I love yous" around very often, and it just didn't come out.
Amazingly enough, he stuck with me, I eventually said those words to him, he eventually asked me to marry him (and I said YES right away... I wouldn't dare leave him hanging twice!), then we got married, had 3 kids, and the rest is history. Or the future. Or now.
8 comments:
Funny! Same thing happened with Mike and I, except I smiled and kissed him instead. Not too bad, but probably not what he was hoping for.:)
And the funny thing about it all is it all happened in....what was it Mindy.....like 3 weeks....hahaha
Awww...Mindy, such a cute story! I love that little prompt idea. So fun!
You know, that same thing happened with me and Troy. Only it was me saying I love you, and him going mute. Also, aren't those my clothes in that picture?
I am with Tanner...It was rather fast so maybe Brandon realized that and didn't get his feelings hurt too bad!
Cute story! I loved it!
I love the picture you took on your Saturday vacation! You are becoming quite the photographer!
That is a way cute story. And you look so tan in that picture. I'm jealous.
Yup... it was quick. At least he didn't have to wait for long. ;) Yes, Brenda, that's your shirt. Thanks for letting me borrow it! Kate, I'm tan because I'm in Cabo San Lucas there... amazingly enough, I was STILL the whitest person there. Sigh.
Post a Comment