Look! Just look! I have some pretty flowers! I'm so glad that most of my flowers actually did pull through freezing and aphids. See, there's a lesson for me... when things seem hopeless, just wait... you'll pull through.

Holly and Adam came to visit a couple of weeks ago, and I posted the hamburger post, but I wanted to post the pictures that I could've
sworn Holly took with my camera. Alas, I can't find them anywhere. Holly? Am I crazy? Anyway, Brandon and Adam spent the day working on Adam's grandfather clock he started in high school for his mom. It's beautiful! We had such a fun time with them, and we really wish we could see them more often!

Look at that poppy! Anyway, Cooper got a good solid hit in his baseball game today! He was so happy about it, and it was fun to see his beaming face. Now he's home and dressed in his cowboy gear. Baseball player in the morning, cowboy in the afternoon. He's a well rounded kid.

I was SO excited because I was going to clean my LAST house for a long time today. Aubrey and I got there, got everything ready... and... NO WATER!!!! I was so mad, because this is not the first time this has happened. Now I have to have that last house looming over my head next week. I so wanted to just be DONE so I could just spend time with my kids. Their whole first week of summer vacation was spent home alone while I cleaned. Grrr....

I downloaded a new song by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat. It's called Lucky. I love it! It's such a fun upbeat song.
Brandon and I went on a date Thursday night and saw Baby Mama. It was fun-
ny! And pretty clean. I really enjoyed it, and would recommend it. Not necessarily at our theatre, though, unless you want it to start 20 minutes late in a
dirty theater with the bottom 1/4 of the screen blurry. We enjoyed it despite all that.
I cleaned out the YW closet yesterday... there was stuff in there from back when
I was in YW. That's really old. Really really old. ;) Good thing I'm a thrower-awayer. It looks a lot better.
Memorial weekend was spent with friends and family, and it was so much fun! I got to meet with my apron girl friends for lunch at Gardner Village, stay up until 2:00 a.m. talking to my dad, I got to go to TARGET! Yay! and then spend time with Brandon's family... staying up until 2:00 a.m. talking to Melissa, then staying up until 2:00 a.m. talking to Lynda and Brandon.... needless to say, it was also nice to come home and sleep. Although I wouldn't miss those late night chats for anything.
Tyler has to wear his cast for almost 4 more weeks! His muscle in that leg is already soft. Poor kid... he's miserable. This is not how a 10 year old boy wants to spend his summer.
Brandon made a commercial for the radio, and he sounds
awesome! The radio lady asked him if he had done radio stuff before, because he was a natural. They did it in one take, and he seriously sounds professional. I wish I could have a recording of it.
Well, enough rambling, I suppose.
10 comments:
I love your pretty flowers! I wish ours looked half that good. We mostly just forget about them, figuring that if they like life enough they'll find a way to survive by themselves. :)
I heart Gardner Village too!! It's so charming.
What BEAUTIFUL flowers!!! We may have awesome produce here, but WOW to your plants! :)
Glad you had such a great weekend...and most of all, I am SO glad I was able to meet you!!
the flowers look so good! and what commercial did brandon do? what station is it going to be played on... we want details!!!! good luck in yw- i totally miss that calling. it made me feel like i was still 17!
I love it when you ramble.
Sounds like you have been pretty busy.
I am a thrower/awayer too.
But you didn't spend any of the weekend with us. I guess we aren't important enough.
Jason, you guys are definitely important enough!!!! I really wish I could've found time to come out and see you. I really missed you!! I wish Dallas could've come to the apron girls lunch too! She said she had to work.
you have been busy. i haven't checked blogs for a while, so i enjoyed catching up on your great postings. congrats on your new calling. i am sure the girls are going to love having a fun and hip and young president.
Gorgeous flowers. Love Jason Mraz! Glad you had a nice Memorial Day. Good job going on a date. We need to do that. I, too, threw away things in my YW closet that was ancient. Even two dead and decaying mice. YUCK! Sorry about Tyler. Maybe Brandon has found a new career path! Love your posts!
Haley, the commercial was for Contractor's Warehouse, where he works, and it only airs here. I've only heard it 2x, so I need to listen to the radio more.
Leslie, thanks for calling me young and hip and fun. I guess those terms are relative. I am younger, hipper, and funner than a witchy 70 year old woman who wears housedresses and knee highs... ;)
i'm glad that you got to spend great time with your family...but mostly i'm glad that you got to spend time with us!
i'll have to listen for brandon on the radio when i come out next week...yay, i get to come and see you!
your flowers are beautiful...
i got to do the clean out thing with the pta closet at school once...doesn't it just feel great to throw stuff away?
Post a Comment