Thursday, May 01, 2008

Tyler's Day Off

Yesterday Tyler injured his knee playing soccer at recess. Since it's swollen to twice its normal size, and he can't even walk on it at all, and he woke up all through the night last night crying, I thought I should take him to the doctor today, and have him stay home from school. The doctor couldn't find anything wrong, besides swelling and excess fluid, so we were ordered to do what I'd been doing already anyway. I thought a couple of our conversations were interesting today.

1st conversation:
Tyler: I'm bored.
Mom: I bet you wish you could be in school right now.
Tyler: Yeah, I do.

2nd conversation:
Mom: Here's lunch. (Fake mashed potatoes with cheese on top.)
Tyler: Is this what you usually have for lunch?
Mom: Yep, usually something like this.
Tyler: Oh.
Mom: School lunch is lookin' pretty good right now, isn't it?
Tyler: Yeah. I used to wish I could eat lunch at home with you every day.

So, I'm thinking that I should keep a kid home from school every once in awhile so they can see that it's not so glamorous here. It makes school look better and better.

7 comments:

Vicki said...

Haha, that's kinda funny! I hope Tyler's knee gets better fast so he can go back to school! :-)

Amy said...

I think those conversations are hilarious! Sorry about his knee. I wish him a speedy recovery so he can get back to school!

Janice {Run Far} said...

Holy cow- he sounds like a funny little man. I like him already.

Annalee Kelly said...

Do you really eat fake mashed potatoes for lunch every day?

Rachel Holloway said...

I don't know Mindy--if I were your kid, even through all of that, I would still want to be home just to hang out with YOU! :)

Rebecca Adams said...

That's awesome! Kids can be so funny sometimes!

Mindy said...

No, Annalee, not everyday! Just boring stuff like that. I never want to make a whole meal just for myself, so I'll have a sandwich, or leftovers, or whatever. Rachel, you're so sweet! Too bad my kids don't like me THAT much! ;)