I've neglected this blog, I know... it's partly because something has to go, and facebook keeps me pretty busy. ;) I'm also boring. Very boring. That's why 92.5% of my readers won't even read this entire post. (Don't you love statistics that are pulled out of the air? I do. They're awesome.)
So, lucky you... you get random thoughts about boring nothingness. (Well, 7.5% of you will get random thoughts... the rest have stopped reading.)
That picture up there? I've always loved it, and now I have a reason to love it even more. I'm not going to go on and on about it here, you can read about it on my photogblog if you want more details. It's going to be auctioned off at Paul Cardall's benefit for congenital heart disorders. I'm super duper excited about it. And okay, a little bit nervous. What if nobody bids on it? That would be mortifying. Really really mortifying. I don't know if I'd recover. ;) Here's my question about this photo: do you see the heart? Do you see that each leaf is a heart, or that the leaves overall make one big heart? I saw the individual leaves first... but Brandon saw the big heart first.
Speaking of photography, because let's be real... what else do I ever talk about?... I got 6th place in the I Heart Faces best face photo of 2010 contest. I'm really excited about it. Not as excited as I'd be if they had been judged and I had won, but still excited. It was decided by votes, so lots of my awesome friends (and a bunch of people who I don't even know) voted for it. I found out last night about 12:30 a.m., and I was dying to tell somebody, but people are sleeping then, darn it. Weirdos. I thought of waking Brandon up to tell him, but I knew he wouldn't remember I told him anyway, so it was useless. And mean.
We all know I don't ONLY talk about photography, because I also love to talk about running. So, just so this post is complete, I have to say that I'm already dying of excitement about Wasatch Back this year. It's 6 months away, but I'm looking forward to it more than Christmas. I'm not kidding. :) We have a team of awesome girls, and we're going to have a blast. I will miss Brandon swearing at us while he's running... that was a highlight of 2010's Wasatch Back, but we'll have to make do without, I guess.
We have more medical bills than we ever did before we had health insurance. What's up with that? I about have a heart attack every time I think about it... maybe that's their strategy... give their customers heart attacks so they can get even MORE money. ;)
Guess what? I learned how to swim!! I am so proud of myself, and proud of my awesome friend, Tari, for teaching me. I never knew how to, and couldn't even really put my face in the water without plugging my nose, but now I am actually really swimming. I love it! So learn this, my friends... it's never too late, and you're never too old. I'm still not sold on doing another triathlon though. Ugh.
I went cross-country skiing with some of the girls yesterday. Brandon bought me some cc skis at DI, so I was excited to try them out and learn. All I have to say, is that I need more time. I loved it, and would like to go lots and get good at it. I will go at least a couple more times this winter, but I wish I could add this to my list of regular things. Unfortunately that list is already way too long.
My kids are awesome. Brandon is the best husband in the universe. There, was that enough about the rest of the family? ;)

9 comments:
SO HA! THERE! I READ EVERY LAST WORD! Mainly because I have been checking in on your blog for almost forever hoping for a new update! :)
You always impress me with your incredible physical activity schedule and skills! Add swimming to the list...what's next? jousting? Probably so!
And I think you're the most fantastic photographer out there. Seriously so impressed by you!
I read everything too! I guess I'm part of the 7.5%. ;)
Awesome job with your photography! That is very cool! I would bid on it... if I had a lot of spare cash laying around. haha! I think it's beautiful!
P.S. I wasn't asleep at 12:30. Ryan and I have been working evenings for the past couple of months, so we usually don't go to bed til around 2am. Haha!
I'm not sure what to comment here since I stopped reading fairly early in your post. But I'll pretend I read it and say it sounds like you are really busy and stuff. ;)
I love being in the top 7%.
I saw the individual leaf heart first, but now that you pointed it out, I will forever see the whole photo as a heart. I would bid on it for sure.
I read your blog! I LOVE that picture, and I actually saw one big heart on the thumbnail and then I saw the smaller hearts when I looked at the bigger version. I am not surprised at all that people have bid on your picture! it is amazing, and congrats on winning 6th place on your other pictures. Swimming... way to go. Hard thing to do and a good workout! I have to say I am with ya on medical bills. We, fortunately have good insurance but have to meed our out-of-pocket limits again, and the co-pays add up quickly. Ugh. Oh the joy, right?
I love reading your random thoughts posts! ;) Way to go on the swimming!!! I'm impressed and I need to be more like you. Fitness has been at the bottom of the list for WAY TOO LONG.
Good luck with the auction! Your picture is awesome....there's no way it won't sell.
Can you believe this is your dad commenting? Your mom saw the big heart and then the little ones. I saw the leaves first until you pointed out the big one. CONGRATS on learning to swim. I will have you exited about tri's before you know it!
Yay for this post! Mindy, you are awesome. You really are. Look at all the wonderful things you are doing in your life?! Not to mention you have a beautiful family (hello banner picture on this blog!). Thank you for inspiring me to pursue more of what I love.
Post a Comment